From: Daniel Pitts on
I've finally put my AT-Robots clone on SourceForge. It is lacking in
documentation, and the UI leaves a little to be desired, but it is
usable, especially if you are familiar with the original AT-Robots.

If there is any interest at all, I'll be working on improving the user
experience by adding tournament support, ability to save entrant lists,
etc...

<http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/site-news/2009/12/30/at-robots-clone-now-on-sourceforge/>

<https://sourceforge.net/projects/at-robots2-j/>
From: RedGrittyBrick on

Daniel Pitts wrote:

> I've finally put my AT-Robots clone on SourceForge. It is lacking in
> documentation

I shall frame this and put it on my wall. Whenever anyone casts doubts
about my professionalism, I shall look at it and draw comfort :-)

--
RGB
From: Daniel Pitts on
RedGrittyBrick wrote:

> Daniel Pitts wrote:
>
>> I've finally put my AT-Robots clone on SourceForge. It is lacking in
>> documentation
>
> I shall frame this and put it on my wall. Whenever anyone casts doubts
> about my professionalism, I shall look at it and draw comfort :-)

This made be LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

This project is not a professional endeavor, and it is in the alpha
stage. There is existing documentation on how to write robots, but it
is in the original software package. I have been too busy to get
permission to copy or to re-write it.

Once I'm ready to slap the "Beta" sticker on it, you can bet there will
be documentation, and it will be a lot more polished.

Anyway, this is my hobby, so professionalism needn't be as high. Final
product quality will be though, if I find enough people have interest in
the product at all. I fear I may have been a little late, and that
interest may have waned to zero.

From: Casey Hawthorne on
I beg to differ.

Even on a project that's not a professional endeavour, documentation
might land you future contracts.

--
Regards,
Casey
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon on
Daniel Pitts <newsgroup.spamfilter(a)virtualinfinity.net> writes:

> RedGrittyBrick wrote:
>>
>> Daniel Pitts wrote:
>>
>>> I've finally put my AT-Robots clone on SourceForge. It is lacking
>>> in documentation
>>
>> I shall frame this and put it on my wall. Whenever anyone casts
>> doubts about my professionalism, I shall look at it and draw comfort
>> :-)
>>
> This made be LOL. Thanks for the laugh.
>
> This project is not a professional endeavor, and it is in the alpha
> stage. There is existing documentation on how to write robots, but it
> is in the original software package. I have been too busy to get
> permission to copy or to re-write it.
>
> Once I'm ready to slap the "Beta" sticker on it, you can bet there
> will be documentation, and it will be a lot more polished.
>
> Anyway, this is my hobby, so professionalism needn't be as high.

Indeed.

But there's no need to be ashamed.

Professionnals only need to make a product _saleable_.
Amateurs need to make a product _usable_.