From: G.M. on
Hi to all!
I haven't designed something that uses JTAG for flash programming even
though I used a ready-made system a fiew years ago. I recently bought a
ULINK compatible USB JTAG programming device that supports KEIL products
for programming and debugging. I am targeting at using an AT91SAM7A3
that I have, so I would like to know if the needed connections for
programming would be the following:
1.Power (all of the Vdd and Gnd)
2.Crystal osc
3.Reset
4.JTAG port pins (with pull-ups for TDI,TDO,TCLK,TMS)
Is it that right or am I missing something? Can I leave the NRST (Reset)
pin unconnected since the JTAG is is issuing it's own reset? Note that I
am going to use an TQFP100 adapter in order to connect the uC to a
breadboard, that's why I need something that it is a minimum.
Thanks

Best Regards
Georgios M.