From: Chuck on
After a fairly long and somewhat pain full process--
The Audio Driver for the Realtek ALC 1200 sound chip used on the ASUS
M4A79 Deluxe motherboard turns out to be the culprit for random video
corruption, crashing, and sound corruption. This has been a very pesky
problem, since it typically errored out with a message pointing to the
executable that indirectly called the sound driver.

To make matters more confusing, The driver is not available directly
from Realtek. The ASUS web site has the correct driver, but reused the
download entry for an earlier version, and shows an incorrect 2009 date.
The version actually downloaded has many files in the package dated 4/10

The most noticible and immediate result was to stop crashing in Call of
Duty 4 Modern Warfare, and also to allow crash free play at high
resolution and detail settings.

Win 7 32b, Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8G, Dual HD 5770 video cards. Using
10.4 Video drivers.
From: Chuck on
ADDENDUM
The ALC1200 driver update also solved similar problems with Call of Duty
2. A quick check of Crysis showed that it is also likely much improved,
if not fixed entirely. It's interesting that some of the AMD/ATI driver
download sites have evidently pulled the 10.6 revision.
I believe a 10.7 version may be in the near future.