From: rsanan on
My ATI all in wonder has stopped playing the TV. I have tried to
install the drivers many many times
Always get an error that the WMD drivers failed ...

My question - Is there any other TV Tuner software that I may use to
run the TV using that ATI Card?

Thanks in advance

From: Ted F on
The Beyond TV 4 works pretty well with the ATI AIW video cards. You can try
the Beyond TV 4.5 FREE Trial to see if thats for you. After the trial you
must buy the software, or simply uninstall the trial software.

SnapStream Media website
http://www.snapstream.com/

Other thoughts, if you still want to use the ATI MMC Suite. Download "Driver
Cleaner Pro" to completely clean all leftover ATI software from your hard
drive and reinstall ATI video drivers and ATI MMC Suite. This may work, it
did for me.

Driver Cleaner Professional Edition
http://www.drivercleaner.net/

From: PhxGrunge on

> My ATI all in wonder has stopped playing the TV. I have tried to
> install the drivers many many times
> Always get an error that the WDM drivers failed ...
> ----------------------------------
>
> Unable to start TV
>
> Check the Windows Device Manager to ensure that the correct
> video driver has been installed and is working properly before
> attempting to restart TV.
> ------------------------------------
>

> My question - Is there any other TV Tuner software that I may use to
> run the TV using that ATI Card?
>
> Thanks in advance

No software will work until you get those WDM drivers installed.

Make sure the inf install files are being put into the windows\temp
directory for installation by the setup program.
If they are there, and the error still occurs after the setup program
reboots your computer, then go the the temp directory, right click on each
inf file (they all start with ATI***.inf) and select "install". That will
insure that they are installed. Reboot after that, and all should be OK.

Another problem with an earlier version of the drivers, is that the path is
not correct for Windows to find them. Try adding windows\system32\drivers
to the system path.

From: Captain Midnight on
<rsanan(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> My ATI all in wonder has stopped playing the TV. I have tried to
> install the drivers many many times
> Always get an error that the WDM drivers failed ...
> ----------------------------------
>
> Unable to start TV
>
> Check the Windows Device Manager to ensure that the correct
> video driver has been installed and is working properly before
> attempting to restart TV.
> ------------------------------------
> My question - Is there any other TV Tuner software that I may use to
> run the TV using that ATI Card?
>
> Thanks in advance

The WDM drivers are the interface between the hardware and O/S, so have to
be used.
ati.com/install covers this situation and more. Has never failed for me.

From: Borderline Psycho on
On 16 Jan 2007 12:40:51 -0800, rsanan(a)gmail.com wrote:

>My ATI all in wonder has stopped playing the TV. I have tried to
>install the drivers many many times
>Always get an error that the WMD drivers failed ...
>
>My question - Is there any other TV Tuner software that I may use to
>run the TV using that ATI Card?
>
>Thanks in advance

I've run into this many, many (many) times. The one thing I've
learned is there is usually no shortcut to getting things working
again. Driver Cleaner Pro (mentioned in another message) is a good
bet for a first try. If that doesn't work, there were instructions at
http://ati.com/install, that URL may still work to get you to the
correct pages at the AMD site. Follow the automatic uninstallation
procedure, then for good measure go through the manual uninstallation
instructions to see if anything was left behind. After that you
should be able to re-install your drivers and get the TV working
again.