From: Mike on
I recently bought a used Shuttle PC chassis and included with the deal
was an ATI Radeon X700 series video card. I did a fresh install of
WXP Pro, and went to ATI's web site to get the "real" drivers. My
display looks a little better, but I'm seeing the following message at
boot:

"Could not load file or assembly "MOM.Implementation,
version=2.0.2589.34834, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=90ba9c70xxxxx
or one of it's depondencies. The system cannot find the file
specified."

Can anyone tell me what this is? And oh yeah... if the computer has
been on for a full day, then occassionally I will see some sort of
efffect in the monitor (Sony G500 21") where it flashes briefly. The
monitor did not act like this with my older PC and the ATI Radeon
8500DV I had in it.

Thanks in advance for the help.
From: Bob on
"Mike" <captmikey(a)hotmelt.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a used Shuttle PC chassis and included with the deal
> was an ATI Radeon X700 series video card. I did a fresh install of
> WXP Pro, and went to ATI's web site to get the "real" drivers. My
> display looks a little better, but I'm seeing the following message at
> boot:
>
> "Could not load file or assembly "MOM.Implementation,
> version=2.0.2589.34834, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=90ba9c70xxxxx
> or one of it's depondencies. The system cannot find the file
> specified."
>
> Can anyone tell me what this is? And oh yeah... if the computer has
> been on for a full day, then occassionally I will see some sort of
> efffect in the monitor (Sony G500 21") where it flashes briefly. The
> monitor did not act like this with my older PC and the ATI Radeon
> 8500DV I had in it.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.

Apparently it has to do with the ATI Catalyst Control Center.

Check this thread here: (Especially the last post)
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=216475&highlight=MOM.Implementation

Bob

From: Custom Computers on
On Mar 19, 7:20 am, "Bob" <luna5nos...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> "Mike" <captmi...(a)hotmelt.com> wrote in message

> >I recently bought a used Shuttle PC chassis and included with the deal
> > was an ATI Radeon X700 series video card. I did a fresh install of
> > WXP Pro, and went to ATI's web site to get the "real" drivers. My
> > display looks a little better, but I'm seeing the following message at
> > boot:
>
> > "Could not load file or assembly "MOM.Implementation,
> > version=2.0.2589.34834, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=90ba9c70xxxxx
> > or one of it's depondencies. The system cannot find the file
> > specified."
>
> > Can anyone tell me what this is? And oh yeah... if the computer has
> > been on for a full day, then occassionally I will see some sort of
> > efffect in the monitor (Sony G500 21") where it flashes briefly. The
> > monitor did not act like this with my older PC and the ATI Radeon
> > 8500DV I had in it.
>
> > Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> Apparently it has to do with the ATI Catalyst Control Center.
>
> Check this thread here: (Especially the last post)http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=216475&highlight=MOM.Implem...
>
> Bob- Hide quoted text -

Before installing the ATi drivers did you update WinXP? The ATi
Catalyst Control Center requires Net Framework 2.0 to be installed
first.

From: Mike on
Actually... ATI's web site is a little confusing with regard to the
install procedure. I first had installed NF 1.0 and nothing worked,
then installed NF 2.0 and still nothing happened (same error). The
site you guys sent me to was very helpful though. I just uninstalled
the Catalyst, shut down and re-installed. It seems to work fine now
with no errors popping up. I guess its the sequence of installing
everything.

Rule of thumb would be that you install Net Framework first... then
install the ATI software. I'll keep that in mind as I may upgrade
this video card to one that can drive two monitors, and there are a
number of ATI models offered by ATI and their licensees.

And thanks again guys!

Mike

From: Jim on
I ran into this problem also. I just did a complete reinstall of WinXP Pro,
new hard drive, etc. When I went to intall the ATI All in Wonder X800 XL, I
downloaded the latest software, about 5 files in all. Installed .NET also.
After completing all of this I was greeted with this error message that made
no sense to me. So I went to ATI Support and asked about that erroro
message and found the answer. They stated that there are problems with the
latest version of their software and drivers and suggested that I back up to
an earlier version. I did and everything is working.

ATI makes pretty nice hardware, but I have a lot of grief from their
software and drivers. Also their online documentation is not clear. I have
been buying the AIW cards for quite afew years and still today, ATI won't
put the model number of the card on the card or on the installation disk.

Regards,
Jim