From: Ihatefishsauce on
Hi all. I just joined this group as I have a "problem" (I think) with
the above referenced video card.

I installed this card onto an Asus motherboard and it's running on an
Intel 3.4ghz processor (P4). I wanted something better than onboard
video. This is a newly built computer. I installed the software,
etc. everything looked good. Using the Compaq 19" 1825 monitor and
resolution set to 1280 x 768 I noticed that the black fonts on the
web browser (IE, Firefox, didn't matter) were tinged with red. Not
all of them, but it did stand out. Looked kind of irritating. I
managed to lower the resolution and the problem disappeared.

BTW, I was using the standard VGA connector, not DVI.

My question is, is this a property of the display I was using, or, the
card? What exactly is this phenomenon? Please forgive my ignorance,
as I know next to nothing about video cards but am learning as much as
I can.

Thanks in advance.

From: Ihatefishsauce on
On Aug 2, 10:41 am, Ihatefishsauce <mcsesatur...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all. I just joined this group as I have a "problem" (I think) with
> the above referenced video card.
>
> I installed this card onto an Asus motherboard and it's running on an
> Intel 3.4ghz processor (P4). I wanted something better than onboard
> video. This is a newly built computer. I installed the software,
> etc. everything looked good. Using the Compaq 19" 1825 monitor and
> resolution set to 1280 x 768 I noticed that the black fonts on the
> web browser (IE, Firefox, didn't matter) were tinged with red. Not
> all of them, but it did stand out. Looked kind of irritating. I
> managed to lower the resolution and the problem disappeared.
>
> BTW, I was using the standard VGA connector, not DVI.
>
> My question is, is this a property of the display I was using, or, the
> card? What exactly is this phenomenon? Please forgive my ignorance,
> as I know next to nothing about video cards but am learning as much as
> I can.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Have I posted a question that nobody seems to know the answer?
Anyone?

Thanks...

From: Augustus on

"Ihatefishsauce" <mcsesaturday(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Aug 2, 10:41 am, Ihatefishsauce <mcsesatur...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi all. I just joined this group as I have a "problem" (I think) with
>> the above referenced video card.

Highly doubtful it's the video card. Native resolution for this monitor is
1280x1024. Fuzziness and artifacting are not uncommon at non-standard
resolutions with LCD's. Any reason you're not running at 1280x1024? The
resolution and clarity will be dramatically better. DVI connection will also
improve this.

Pages: 1
Prev: x1950pro vs HD2600xt DDR4
Next: 3360x1050 Support