From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:20:31 -0400, "jim" <jim(a)nospam.com> wrote:

>Ugh. The offending messages are only coming from external addresses, and
>only for 'meeting request accepted' replies. Like i said, it doesn't seem
>to matter which external account, external domain, or external client is
>sending the meeting acceptance reply. They all get the named props error
>from our system. Straight emails between the two addresses are fine. They
>can reply to each other over and over again without issue. As well, meeting
>acceptance replies sent from internal accounts are fine.
>
>This makes no sense. I think i may have to call MS Support on this one. It
>seems silly to make us re-architect our SG's to fix the problem.
>
>Oh well. Thanks for the input guys. I greatly appreciate it.

Let us know what they tell you :)

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:51:54 -0400, Andy David {MVP}
<adavid(a)pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>>Raising the maximum number of named properties on a database will just
>>lenghten the time between fixing the problem and the next occurence of
>>the problem. It's not a fix.
>
>Another "not a fix", but may help going forward in planning is to
>create "smaller databases" and spread them out more across more SGs.

That might delay the onset of the problem, but if it's just one
mailbox in the database that's receiving all those headers you won't
be able to get any smaller than that!
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:20:31 -0400, "jim" <jim(a)nospam.com> wrote:

>Ugh. The offending messages are only coming from external addresses, and
>only for 'meeting request accepted' replies. Like i said, it doesn't seem
>to matter which external account, external domain, or external client is
>sending the meeting acceptance reply. They all get the named props error
>from our system. Straight emails between the two addresses are fine. They
>can reply to each other over and over again without issue. As well, meeting
>acceptance replies sent from internal accounts are fine.
>
>This makes no sense.

It makes a lot of sense! The messages that are successful don't
contain some odd-ball header that adds to the number of named
properties in the database. The ones that fail have some unique header
that requires adding another named property to the database.

Can you capture some of these messages before they hit your store and
see what's in the headers?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:16:47 -0400, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richnews(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:51:54 -0400, Andy David {MVP}
><adavid(a)pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>
>>>Raising the maximum number of named properties on a database will just
>>>lenghten the time between fixing the problem and the next occurence of
>>>the problem. It's not a fix.
>>
>>Another "not a fix", but may help going forward in planning is to
>>create "smaller databases" and spread them out more across more SGs.
>
>That might delay the onset of the problem, but if it's just one
>mailbox in the database that's receiving all those headers you won't
>be able to get any smaller than that!

Oh yea, I know :P

From: Hunter Coleman on
> Let us know what they tell you :)

I'm waiting for "close port 25 on your firewall." It would be right up there
with "move all of the mailboxes to a new store."

--
Hunter