From: kevid on
hi,

Thanks.

I just tried the code you gave me but I can't play the output file
(output.mp3)

i can't figure out why
From: Joel VanderWerf on
kevid wrote:
> hi,
>
> Thanks.
>
> I just tried the code you gave me but I can't play the output file
> (output.mp3)
>
> i can't figure out why

Make sure you open the file with "wb" instead of "w" to use binary mode?

From: kevid on
require 'net/http'
url = "http://stream.esvmedia.org/mp3-play/hw/19023001-19023006.mp3"
res = Net::HTTP.get_response(URI.parse(url))
File.open('out.mp3','wb') do |f|
f.print(res.body)
end

i tried the code above but did not get it work.
From: Josh Cheek on

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:25 PM, kevid <alumsimportant(a)yahoo.ca> wrote:

> require 'net/http'
> url = "http://stream.esvmedia.org/mp3-play/hw/19023001-19023006.mp3"
> res = Net::HTTP.get_response(URI.parse(url))
> File.open('out.mp3','wb') do |f|
> f.print(res.body)
> end
>

> i tried the code above but did not get it work.

require 'open-uri'
File.open 'hannity_and_hitchens.mov' , 'wb' do |file|
file.print open('
http://onegoodmovemedia.org/movies/0705/hannity_hitchens_300.mov').read
end

From: kevid on