From: radw on
I recently purchased a hp50g and retired my hp49g+. I was reviewing
the documentation that came on the CD when I discovered that the AUR
manual had been updated to edition 2 (printed date: 2009/7/14). I
have been using edition 1.1 (printed date: 2006/3/20). Edition 1.1 is
full of hyper links which make it very user friendly for finding just
about anything and everything you could think of. Edition 2 does not
have any hyper links and I don’t understand why hp decided to remove
them. If you use this reference as an electronic file then its
usefulness is greatly diminished without the links.

I would like to find a copy of edition 2 with the hyper links active.
Does anyone know if one exists and available for download? I would
also like to know if anyone has a list of changes from edition 1.1 to
edition 2? My quick review of edition 2 shows there are 40 additional
pages (693 vs 653) and chapter 4 has been simplified to not repeat
commands listed in chapter 3.

Hopefully this was not discussed before. I did not find anything
about the edition 2 vs edition 1.1 when I searched for them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ronald Williams
From: Jacob Wall on
As noted in the Edition 1 description on hpcalc.org, "Internally linked
by Bruce Horrocks", meaning that Bruce presumably spent a LOT of time
adding all the links to the PDF after it was created by someone else.
If you have Acrobat Pro and a lot of time that you're willing to
contribute to the cause, then I'm sure many would appreciate getting
Edition 2 internally linked.

This is just my understanding of it. If the original document was
created with InDesign for example, and all the links were defined in the
master document, then it would be a simple task to export a PDF with all
the links, however I don't believe that is the case.

--
Jacob Wall

From: Bruce Horrocks on
On 27/06/2010 06:35, Jacob Wall wrote:
> As noted in the Edition 1 description on hpcalc.org, "Internally linked
> by Bruce Horrocks", meaning that Bruce presumably spent a LOT of time
> adding all the links to the PDF after it was created by someone else. If
> you have Acrobat Pro and a lot of time that you're willing to contribute
> to the cause, then I'm sure many would appreciate getting Edition 2
> internally linked.

Actually I wrote a series of scripts to do it. That 'toolchain' was on a
machine that has since died so it will take me a week or two to get it
all together again. If you can point me at the edition 2 PDF then that
would help.

Regards,
--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey
From: Daniel Oliva on
On 27 jun, 07:55, Bruce Horrocks <07....(a)scorecrow.com> wrote:
> On 27/06/2010 06:35, Jacob Wall wrote:
>
> > As noted in the Edition 1 description on hpcalc.org, "Internally linked
> > by Bruce Horrocks", meaning that Bruce presumably spent a LOT of time
> > adding all the links to the PDF after it was created by someone else. If
> > you have Acrobat Pro and a lot of time that you're willing to contribute
> > to the cause, then I'm sure many would appreciate getting Edition 2
> > internally linked.
>
> Actually I wrote a series of scripts to do it. That 'toolchain' was on a
> machine that has since died so it will take me a week or two to get it
> all together again. If you can point me at the edition 2 PDF then that
> would help.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Bruce Horrocks
> Surrey
> England
> (bruce at scorecrow dot com)

Of course we can point it to you Bruce, here it is:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSeriesId=3235173&targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fbizsupport1.austin.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc01931262%2Fc01931262.zip

We would be grateful if you could make it. I've been thinking about
this too, since AUR edition 2 was released.
From: radw on
On Jun 27, 6:55 am, Bruce Horrocks <07....(a)scorecrow.com> wrote:
> On 27/06/2010 06:35, Jacob Wall wrote:
>
> > As noted in the Edition 1 description on hpcalc.org, "Internally linked
> > by Bruce Horrocks", meaning that Bruce presumably spent a LOT of time
> > adding all the links to the PDF after it was created by someone else. If
> > you have Acrobat Pro and a lot of time that you're willing to contribute
> > to the cause, then I'm sure many would appreciate getting Edition 2
> > internally linked.
>
> Actually I wrote a series of scripts to do it. That 'toolchain' was on a
> machine that has since died so it will take me a week or two to get it
> all together again. If you can point me at the edition 2 PDF then that
> would help.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Bruce Horrocks
> Surrey
> England
> (bruce at scorecrow dot com)

Thank you Bruce, I never realized the links were provided by a user
and not HP. I don’t know how you did it but what a great job you have
done. All I can say is thank you.

Ronald Williams
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2