From: FromTheRafters on
"Charlie" <fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> All along through the years (the past decade actually now) Norton has
> had some of the top virus detetction and cleaning test scores and
> still
> does having just won the Best of 2009 Gold Award from av-comparitives

Spelling alert!!! A misspelled word was detected on line three.

I *was* going to commend you for not spewing that whole "Gold Award"
thing in your reply - but that was all spoiled by my scrolling down the
page. Anyway, I figured you would want to know (in case this is a cut
and paste spew - it *does* look familiar).

From: Dustin Cook on
Charlie <fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:11:33 -0800 (PST), "Eugene F."
> <pm771.am(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Re: MS Security Essentials
>>
>>Is there a clean un-install path if I, for whatever reason, decide to
>>remove Essentials?
>>
>>One of the problems I had with Norton products in the past was a
>>super- convoluted way of uninstalling.
>>

> I have installed / uninstalled MSEE on several pc's with no trouble.
>
> Yes in the not so distant past Norton had instal and uninstall issues
> along with poor resource management too. However the 2009 / 2010 line
> of Norton swecurity products has entirely resolved that matter and I
> have seen this myself last year and this year as well. Norton 2010 AV
> installs in under 1 minute and requires no reboot.

I'm just picking at you Charlie, but I'm certain it wouldn't install in
one minute or even 2 minutes on the machine I'm posting from.
Performance depends heavily on the host as well. :)

--
"Is there anything in Guul Draz that doesn't suck the life out of you?"
- Tarsa, Sea Gate sell-sword.

From: Dustin Cook on
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote in

> Dustin Cook wrote:

>>> Well, there's a pot/kettle/black statement if there ever was one!
>>
>> I like your new signature. :)
>
> It only gets used once in a while... ahh, the beauty of having a
> newsreader with instant, selectable sigs!

Bah. Nothing I can't duplicate with a little programming. <G>

From: Charlie on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:30:31 GMT, Dustin Cook
<bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Charlie <fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:11:33 -0800 (PST), "Eugene F."
>> <pm771.am(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Re: MS Security Essentials
>>>
>>>Is there a clean un-install path if I, for whatever reason, decide to
>>>remove Essentials?
>>>
>>>One of the problems I had with Norton products in the past was a
>>>super- convoluted way of uninstalling.
>>>

>> I have installed / uninstalled MSEE on several pc's with no trouble.
>>
>> Yes in the not so distant past Norton had instal and uninstall issues
>> along with poor resource management too. However the 2009 / 2010 line
>> of Norton swecurity products has entirely resolved that matter and I
>> have seen this myself last year and this year as well. Norton 2010 AV
>> installs in under 1 minute and requires no reboot.
>
>I'm just picking at you Charlie, but I'm certain it wouldn't install in
>one minute or even 2 minutes on the machine I'm posting from.
>Performance depends heavily on the host as well. :)

Ofcourse. They do advertise that time though and it has always done so
for me
From: Dustin Cook on

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:30:31 GMT, Dustin Cook
> <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Charlie <fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com> wrote in

>>> I have installed / uninstalled MSEE on several pc's with no trouble.
>>>
>>> Yes in the not so distant past Norton had instal and uninstall
>>> issues along with poor resource management too. However the 2009 /
>>> 2010 line of Norton swecurity products has entirely resolved that
>>> matter and I have seen this myself last year and this year as well.
>>> Norton 2010 AV installs in under 1 minute and requires no reboot.
>>
>>I'm just picking at you Charlie, but I'm certain it wouldn't install
>>in one minute or even 2 minutes on the machine I'm posting from.
>>Performance depends heavily on the host as well. :)
>
> Ofcourse. They do advertise that time though and it has always done so
> for me

Well, in fairness to them; they would be using an uptodate hardware wise
computer. Atleast, uptodate in so far as less than 10 years old.