|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
F-Secure Greedy?
Has anyone had issues with this AV gobbling up resources in task manager and causing disk thrashing? I have investigated causes of disk thrashing and viewed Task Manager and can only see F-Secure as the suspect? Its a XP SP3 Dell Dimension 5000, 512 RAM ... 13 Aug 2010 19:02
Tustyhound.rem
Every morning Spyware Doctor finds: TrustyHound!rem What is it and why does it keep showing up after I repair it? Thanks, Oreally ... 13 Aug 2010 15:44
Redirection: please explain how it's done.
I am doing programming stuff with SOAP web services via Silverlight. A database is also involved (Microsoft SQL Server). I'd like to know if somehow somebody can take my app and somehow redirect it so it takes a user to some malware sight and/or steals the data that comes from the web services server. If that mak... 12 Aug 2010 06:00
I received a warning from Google ......
~BD~ wrote: I was using Safari and got a warning when I visited a URL. If you're not going to give us the exact url that spawned the warning, then why bother posting? It's a waste of time if we don't have the exact URL so we can grab a sample of the malware. ... 13 Aug 2010 20:07
Anti-virus
Which anti-virus soft is more user-friendly? Kaspersky or norton? ... 9 Aug 2010 17:53
Security Web Site That Identifies Viruses at Target URL?
Is there an anti-virus website that you can give a URL to that would scan that site and identify any virus/trojan that the site tries to install? -- W ... 8 Aug 2010 04:46
Anti-virus & signature updates
.... their relationship is very much like drug addiction, reminded of the Opium War in China! :) -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.34.1 ^ ^ 22:15:01 up 5:34 1 user load average: 1.01... 5 Aug 2010 06:56
is a "user account" less susceptible to maleware than an admin. account?
"Joe" <joe(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in news:i2vhk3$1op$1(a)news.eternal-september.org: It was suggested to me in the community forum for Norton- that a way to less the chance of malware from web pages is to use a user account rather than my admin. account because the user account has less access to system r... 9 Aug 2010 17:53
TT Livescan Database Update Information - 7-31-2010
Databases are being updated once again, with just over 38000 new definitions added to the blacklist. Update process should be complete within approximately 4 hours of this post.. http://www.tot-ltd.org/TT-Livescan.rar http://www.tot-ltd.org Enjoy. ... 31 Jul 2010 01:04
is a "user account" less susceptible to maleware than an admin.account?
On 30/07/2010 17:53, Joe wrote: It was suggested to me in the community forum for Norton- that a way to less the chance of malware from web pages is to use a user account rather than my admin. account because the user account has less access to system resources. Malware doesn't need 100% access to system... 6 Aug 2010 20:22
Control Panel Unavailable
Toshiba Equium with Vista. All accounts(Including Administrator) unable to browse internet as network connections not working - Control Panel unavailable (not responding) - can't do anything to restore it!!. Safe mode networking OK but still unable to do a system restore - is this a virus? Peter ... 29 Jul 2010 07:28
Avira Exceptions??
From: <jackC(a)jasoew.com> | How does one tell Avira Premium to not check files such as mp4's or | mp3's? | It seems Avira in the exceptions boxes wants application names or | paths. I did try putting in a directory path containing mp3's, but it | still scanned them. It works by files and processes, not fo... 29 Jul 2010 04:13
Discount Wholesale G-STAR Jeans <free shipping paypal payment>
Discount Wholesale Affliction Jeans <free shipping paypal payment> Discount Wholesale AK Jeans (http://www.brandtrade99/) Discount Wholesale Armani Jeans Discount Wholesale Artful Dodger Jeans <free shipping paypal payment> Discount Wholesale BAPE Jeans Discount Wholesale BBC Jeans (http://www.brandtrade99/) Di... 28 Jul 2010 10:44
McAfee Virusscan: Generic.dx!sux - false positives?
Hey everyone! Struck with nostalgia, I wanted to download all the messagemates at http://www.screenmates.com/archives.htm recently, and I discovered some new ones (and not all of the old ones :( - I decided to download all of them, and came upon a virus warning on the "DeathWish Dog": http://www.screenm... 2 Aug 2010 04:53
MVPS hosts file - web page
I notice that the MVP's, in their wisdom, have removed this line: ------------------ http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm Note: the below locations are for the typical default paths, edit as needed. Windows Vista = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC Windows XP = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC Window... 28 Jul 2010 21:45
Win32/RAMNIT.A Anyone?
Sorry about the crosspost to ba.internet, but I know there are malware experts out there. Does anybody have EXPERIENCE with Win32/RAMNIT.A ? I'm having a devil of a time removing it. The only tool the detects it consistently is MS Security Essentials, and MSSE keeps counting it and "disinfecting" it. ... 12 Aug 2010 19:09
Antivir/Antispyware.net Hijacker/Virus
"Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote: Try renaming mbam.exe to something different such as cand.exe or cand.com or another .exe or .com and see if it will run? Mbam.exe is the malwarebytes program executable which can be found in the Malwarebytes' Anti-malware folder under Program Files or s... 26 Jul 2010 21:34
Address book hijacked ??
This is likely the address book having been hijacked as the OP suggested. If this is true, there are two possibilities: the malware got into the target computer and used the address book to send spam emails from that computer; or the malware actually uploaded the address book into the hands of hackers, after whic... 27 Jul 2010 04:03
Anti-virus mechanisms
Hi, If I quarantine a file on my pc, then the file seems to get stored in an infected file folder with a name in hexadecimal. But the original file (name) appears to remain on the hard drive. Can someone explain to me how the quarantine process actually works. Thanks A ... 26 Jul 2010 17:07
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11