First  |  Prev |
Pages: 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
NAV & symnrt.exe
My sister called in a panic today, as her 1.6Ghz 256 meg, 20gig drive, Dell PC is all but useless after working with Norton Anti-Virus 2004. The system is extremely slow, even taking several minutes to put icons on the desktop, and MS Word taking a couple of minutes. All far slower than before she did the fol... 4 Jan 2006 01:58
mrtstub.exe advice needed
I'm confused........I've just noticed this in a folder along with 'mrt.exe_p' on my HDD, and searched for information. Some information gives it as 'uknown malware' that should be removed PDQ, other information (including 'properties') gives it as connected with M/Soft Malicious S/W removal tool. Adware/Spybot/... 30 Dec 2005 19:49
regsvr.exe and q387.exe
Very little about this set of rogue diallers / trojans / virii or whatever it would seem on the net so if any use placed here. Had regsvr.exe (not regsvc.exe) activating every 20 seconds , reading ports , and creating ever growing files comreads.dbg and comused.dbg First 2 lines of comreads reading (edited) Port ... 31 Dec 2005 13:25
Decompression bomb?
Hi I'm using Win XP HE SP1, and Avast v.4.6 home edition, which is up to date. I ran a scan today, and a couple of files came back with "unable to read - the file is a decompression bomb". What on earth does that mean? Thanks for any help. Sam ... 14 Nov 2005 09:01
hotfixq0306270.exe
What is hotfixq0306270.exe? It shows up as a running process on my computer WXP SP2. I can't find very much information about it on Google. The links all lead to unrelated information. -- "I miss. I miss. I miss. I make." -- Seve Ballesteros describing his four-putt at Augusta's No. 16 in 1988. ... 19 Sep 2005 22:22
Nod32, Kaspersky,Norton,McAfee,F-Prot,AVG,Avast! Most effective?
Check here for some interesting results: http://www.av-comparatives.org/ It seems that in the Feb and Aug 05 On-demand comparative, Norton Anti-Virus is second in detection, just behind Kaspersky. Those who use the others, and swear by them, should also check out that site. How the heck did Norton get up so high... 8 Sep 2005 12:06
What is happening to WinClam?
Version 086.1- Can't update anymore ....last update was 25Jun2005 I can only manually update from mirrors. Is freshclam broken ? ClamAV update process started at Sat Jul 2 08:16:42 2005 main.cvd is up to date (version: 32, sigs: 34720, f-level: 5, builder: tkojm) ERROR: Verification: Broken or not a CVD file T... 2 Jul 2005 08:45
Kaspersky Vs. Norton/Symantec
I upgraded to a whole new PC last month (2.8 GHz, 80 GB, WinXP-HE [SP2]). The local computer store that sold me and set up the system, installed "BitDefender 8 Standard" (30 day free trial) for introductory anti-virus protection. For a permanent anti-virus ("a-v") platform, the store is pushing Norton 2005 ("N2K5... 20 Jul 2005 18:02
avg free 7.0 don't find W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.g ?
It's possible that AVG free 7.0 updated don't find these viruses : sp2hosts.exe W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.g explorerx.exe W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.g I found these on symantec security check online why avg free isn't able to recognise these virus ? because It's free ? -- ciao grazie Wolverine1970ý ... 30 May 2005 15:06
Norton Antivirus 2005 blocks Nortel Contivity IPsec VPN client - workaround
The default configuration of Norton Antivirus 2005 silently causes attempts to connect to a corporate VPN extranet using Nortel's Contivity client to fail when the computer is behind an otherwise VPN/IPSec-aware internet router that employs NAT for connection sharing (including, but not limited to, the D-Link DI-61... 6 Mar 2005 16:42