First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
win32.pinfi`
"Tim923" <tws0923(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hes990$akk$1(a)news.eternal-september.org... I see that it's an old version, Norton 2003, but I believe I was up to date in updates. It sure did detect win32.pinfi, but it was too late. It wasn't email related. I downloaded something that didn't come from ... 16 Dec 2009 21:17
win32.pinfi
I got this virus. Norton didn't detect it until after it was run, and then it was too late. What went wrong? Nasty thing. It first took out my Internet Explorer and then my email. Tim ... 3 Dec 2009 09:12
Laptop Hijacked by "Control Center Best PC Health components"; no safe mode, no task manager
Dell Vostro 1500 has been hijacked by "Control Center Best PC Health components" - cannot access safe mode - task manager, --anything. Cannot close this Control Center - sits in the center of screen insisting that you buy it for $80 Any ideas about how to remove Control Center virus program. It has disabled Sa... 26 Nov 2009 13:05
AVIRA A BIG SUPRISE!
johnlgalt had written this in response to http://www.secure-gear.com/antivirus/AVIRA-A-BIG-SUPRISE-33188-.htm : I have implemented Micro$oft's Security Essentials, along with MalwareByte's AntiMalware (Beta tester = registered) and WinPatrol (also registered) for my defense. These are the only three I rely on n... 26 Nov 2009 13:05
Best setup to clean pc
Runing Windows 7 Ultimate I have a very badly infected pc & I need instructions along with best software(freeware) to completely clean my machine also the url's for the software. Thanks ... 4 Dec 2009 07:20
N360_Backup Questions
Hi all Looking at a PC last night that had a folder N360_Backup which has grabbed half of a 30GB c: drive. The PC originally had Norton 360 installed but now has Norton Anti-Virus 2009. Looks like the newer software doesn't include any backup options and that the N360_Backup folder can now be deleted. Wha... 25 Nov 2009 11:28
Personal Anti-Loss Alarm-Kids
Feel safe wherever, whenever with i-safe personal security products. Product Usage: Alarm is activated if child is left outside or goes beyond the specified distance. The product prevents child leaving adult. Distance up to 10 mts can be set. For more aspect visit - http://zicomretail.com/i-safe-personal-secur... 23 Nov 2009 04:07
AVG Free 9.0 - Shutting it Down Completely
The latest AVG, ever since I installed it, likes to take me from whatever game I'm playing to the desktop. It happened during both Age of Mythology, and Age of Empires III. It never happened before updating AVG. I shut down what I could shut down with the Task Manager, and whatever didn't immediately relaunch its... 21 Nov 2009 16:58
Avast: What Happens When User Tries To Save Infected File To Server?
Avast freebie version running on user's PC. Avast Windows Home Server version running on WSH box. User is reading email. The freebie version of Avast detects a virus in an email's attachment. The misguided user clicks "Ignore" in the Avast prompt and proceeds to save the infected attachment to a Windows H... 19 Nov 2009 18:35
best pc health components control center - anyone seen this??
hijacked all processes safe mode - alt f4 altx altq esc wont shut it down - - cant find any way to track the offending file[s] it sits in the center of the screenshowing x amount of errors etc open the license manager is all you can do and it attempts to load a web page scul scul ... 17 Nov 2009 16:17
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last