First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
AVG Error Message- Reading Error c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
David H. Lipman or anyone else: A couple of days, in a reply to fred_7038(a)yahoo.com about a error problem that he was having with installing AVG, you(David H. Lipman) suggested he look in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts for two files KERNEL32.DLL and SHELL32.DLL to see if they had been changes. Today ... 12 Jan 2007 13:38
LGKodiak Cruise Window
When I shut down Windows a message is shown saying "Can't shut down LGKodiak Cruise Window automatically". EZ Antivirus and Spobot can't find anything. I can only find one reference on the web from someone who also has this on his computer. TIA for any information. Klas ... 13 Dec 2006 03:34
adober.exe
Hey, has anyone had problems with AVG not detecting the RJUMP virus (i keep getting one called adober.exe). I'm in thailand (mae sot) at the moment, and it is incredibly prevalent here. I have seen in at nearly every internet cafe I have been to. It's a virus transmitted via USB drives and card readers, thanks ... 13 Dec 2006 12:24
Hmmmm
Got a standard "message cannot be delievered" in my inbox along with an attachment, so it was off to see if I had a backdoored malware awaiting me. The reason for the bounce back: Reason: LMTP transmission failure has occurred Diagnostic code: smtp;522 5.2.0 Delivery failed: Over quota As to the attachmen... 7 Dec 2006 16:07
Strange firewall alert - trojan?
Hi all, I was wondering if I could get some of your opinions on what just happened to me a little while ago. I booted up my computer, and connected to the Internet. Upon connecting My Avast AV program began to download updates as it normally does. Then something odd happened that's never happned to me before. ... 6 Dec 2006 17:40
Laptop don't boot
Is it a virus? Lately my HP pavilon 5500 laptop ran slow, than last night got a blue screen , XP reporting 'cause some hardware or software problem, XP had to shut down my lapton to protect my files. Now it won't boot up.Can't even boot on my CD-rom, trying to use Norton to get in. I get the window logo where ... 21 Nov 2006 16:57
Run virus check from floppy
I need to check a friends computer for a virus from the floppy. Can anyone tell me how? -- Hoot ... 28 Oct 2006 23:40
svchost.exe hogging my CPU
For the past week or so, one instance of svchost has been hogging 70% to 90% of my CPU. I have tried many ways to find the culprit to no avail. Once in a while, when I boot, it doesn't happen - but, most of the time, it does happen. The result is that my PC becomes extremely sluggish - so slow that it's unus... 1 Sep 2006 12:16
Free AV from AOL
http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp? ... 15 Aug 2006 05:35
Kaspersky AV 6 & CHKDSK
A few weeks ago I installed KAV 6, and recently noticed problems when trying to run the Windows XP diskchecking uttility (chkdsk). It seems to hang at "phase 2" for what seems like a minute, then finally starts to proceed, though often ending before it completes the disk check, and resulting in an error messag... 4 Aug 2006 12:00