From: Hooter on
I need to check a friends computer for a virus from the floppy.
Can anyone tell me how?

--
Hoot

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Hooter" <hgibson4331(a)nospam_hotmail.com>

| I need to check a friends computer for a virus from the floppy.
| Can anyone tell me how?

Use the Multi AV Scanning Tool. Please read the enclosed PDF help file and it will give you
the directions you need.

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.

file. http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm

Additional Instructions:
http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: Hooter on
Thanks for the info David.
I loaded down & unzipped the files. After reading the PDF file I didn't
see where it explains how to load & run the virus scanner from the A:
drive.

--
Hoot
| From: "Hooter" <hgibson4331(a)nospam_hotmail.com>
|
| | I need to check a friends computer for a virus from the floppy.
| | Can anyone tell me how?
| |

| Use the Multi AV Scanning Tool. Please read the enclosed PDF help
file and it will give you
| the directions you need.
|
| Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
| http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/Multi_AV.exe
|
| To use this utility, perform the following...
| Execute; Multi_AV.exe { Note: You must use the default folder
C:\AV-CLS }
| Choose; Unzip
| Choose; Close
|
| Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT
| { or Double-click on 'Start Menu' in C:\AV-CLS }
|
| NOTE: You may have to disable your software FireWall or allow WGET.EXE
to go through your
| FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files.
|
| C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT -- { or Double-click on 'Start Menu' in
C:\AV-CLS}
| This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed
in Normal Mode.
| This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's
web site.
| The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and
Reboot the PC.

| You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed
files or you can
| download the files and perform a scan in Normal Mode. Once you have
downloaded the files
| needed for each scanner you want to use, you should reboot the PC into
Safe Mode [F8 key
| during boot] and re-run the menu again and choose which scanner you
want to run in Safe
| Mode. It is suggested to run the scanners in both Safe Mode and
Normal Mode.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Hooter" <hgibson4331(a)nospam_hotmail.com>

| Thanks for the info David.
| I loaded down & unzipped the files. After reading the PDF file I didn't
| see where it explains how to load & run the virus scanner from the A:
| drive.

It is in the section on using on creating a DOS Boot Disk or DOS Boot Disk with NTFS4DOS and
the included DOS Batch files.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm