First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
AVG Uninstall/Install Problem
I am using Windows XP Home Addition With AVG 6.0. I tried installing the latest version of AVG 7.?? and get the following error message: "Local machine: installation failed Initialization: Error: Checking of state of the item file avgctrl.dll failed. File opening failed. %FILE% = "C:\Pro... 4 Apr 2006 13:27
Supermegaspoof - any comments?
One of the humor sites has links to this site. It's been around for months now but rarely has there been mention of this program on Usenet, whether here or in the spyware groups. Usually, there's discussion of security issues, at least. http://www.supermegaspoof.com/ ... 14 Mar 2006 01:51
Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern
everytime when I'm online, Kaspersky Internet Securite 6 (the Anti-Hacker-module) says: Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern Adresse 222.91.45.210 UDP Port 1434 blocked Any hint what happened, what that is/mean? THX in advance. -- by(e) PS spam will be killed ... 12 Mar 2006 01:33
uninstall BitDefender Internet Security 9.0
Hi, I have uninstalled Bitdefender InterNet Security v9.0.Build.9 off my system Windows XP HE SP1 with the Ashampoo Uninstaller (that supervided the installation) problem-free inclusive thus all directories and their files. But control of the Windows Registry results in however a whole set of remaining ent... 6 Mar 2006 13:01
Odd Start-Up Entries and Folders in XP Pro SP2
I have recently noticed the following entries in the STARTUP Page when I run "msconfig" in XP Pro SP2. I'll type them here under the three headings shown in "msconfig" STARTUP ITEM COMMAND LOCATION default \default.pls Common Startup ipconfig \ip... 4 Mar 2006 15:52
How to get rid of win32/gael.3666.A virus?
I use 98SE, latest EZ anti-virus from Computer Associates. I have googled but the products all want $ to remove. It seems like the file dl.exe popups all the time even after I remove it. I am totally stumped. Any HELP in pointing to a free product that will finally remove this virus will make my day. BIG t... 3 Mar 2006 16:34
Any opinions about AVG (Grisoft) antivirus software?
I've been using the trial version of AVG Professional Antivirus (by Grisoft) for a week and I been tinkering around with it. I like the look and feel of it better than Norton which I used for years. But how good does it work? I need antivirus software for several computers, so I am thinking of buying a 5-pack of... 25 Feb 2006 06:26
'P**ochicks' pop up - very embarrassing
Can someone help me to identify and get rid of a very annoying and potentially very embarrassing pop-up. When I open up my home PC for the first time each day it opens up a web site - 'www.pornochicks.com'. I have never, as far as I am aware, ever been to this site (honest!), but you can imagine the contents.... 20 Feb 2006 02:36
How to install f-secure hotfix for Getdbhtp-tool
Hi! Has anyone tried to install the f-secure hotfix for getdbhtp-tool? I have downloaded the hotfix on http://support.f-secure.com/enu/corporate/supportissue/general/general-issue-2005081000.shtml This hotfix is in no way documented. No readme, nothing. There is only the executable iuupd.exe, which click... 5 Feb 2006 16:52
Scanning in safe mode?
Could someone please remind my why it is better to scan in safe mode? And also is it an advantage to turn of system restore temporarily? Thanx in advance. ... 12 Jan 2006 23:55