From: Norbert P?rringer on
Hi!

Has anyone tried to install the f-secure hotfix for getdbhtp-tool?

I have downloaded the hotfix on

http://support.f-secure.com/enu/corporate/supportissue/general/general-issue-2005081000.shtml

This hotfix is in no way documented. No readme, nothing.

There is only the executable iuupd.exe, which clicked does absolutely
nothing.

How can I install the hotfix successfully?

Regards,
Norbert

From: Jeffrey A. Setaro on
On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 00:05:15 +0100, "Norbert P?rringer"
<thalion77(a)graffiti.net> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Has anyone tried to install the f-secure hotfix for getdbhtp-tool?
>
>I have downloaded the hotfix on
>
>http://support.f-secure.com/enu/corporate/supportissue/general/general-issue-2005081000.shtml
>
>This hotfix is in no way documented. No readme, nothing.
>
>There is only the executable iuupd.exe, which clicked does absolutely
>nothing.
>
>How can I install the hotfix successfully?
>
>Regards,
>Norbert

Download the appropriate hotfix and then double click on the .fsfix to
install it.

Cheers-

Jeff Setaro
jasetaro(a)SPAM_ME_NOT_mags.net
http://people.mags.net/jasetaro/
PGP Key IDs DH/DSS: 0x5D41429D RSA: 0x599D2A99 New RSA: 0xA19EBD34
From: Norbert P?rringer on
Hi Jeff!

> Download the appropriate hotfix and then double click on the .fsfix to
> install it.

I have downloaded the hotfix for Windows Servers. I don't know whether it is
the right hotfix for me. My system is Windows XP Prof SP 2.

The downloaded file is a zip-File. After dezipping it, I only have some
ini-files, some binary files and an iuupd.exe. What should I do with them?

Regards,
Norbert

From: Jeffrey A. Setaro on
On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:50:05 +0100, "Norbert P?rringer"
<thalion77(a)graffiti.net> wrote:

>Hi Jeff!
>
>> Download the appropriate hotfix and then double click on the .fsfix to
>> install it.
>
>I have downloaded the hotfix for Windows Servers. I don't know whether it is
>the right hotfix for me. My system is Windows XP Prof SP 2.

What version of F-Secure are you running? There are different versions
of the fix for different versions of the product. You need the correct
version of the fix for the version of F-Secure you're running.

>The downloaded file is a zip-File. After dezipping it, I only have some
>ini-files, some binary files and an iuupd.exe. What should I do with them?

Delete them and download the correct version of the fix. For the a
workstation you going to need either:

F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security
FSAVWK571-01
5.50-5.71
ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/hotfix/fsavcs/fsavwk571_01_signed.fsfix
F-Secure Anti-Virus for Workstations
FSAVWK571-01
5.42-5.43

From: Norbert P?rringer on

Hello Jeff!

> What version of F-Secure are you running? There are different versions
> of the fix for different versions of the product. You need the correct
> version of the fix for the version of F-Secure you're running.

I've got version 5.30 build 7262.

>>The downloaded file is a zip-File. After dezipping it, I only have some
>>ini-files, some binary files and an iuupd.exe. What should I do with them?

> F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security
> FSAVWK571-01
> 5.50-5.71
> ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/hotfix/fsavcs/fsavwk571_01_signed.fsfix

I tried that one. The same files with the odd iuupd.exe, which does nothing.

Regards,
Norbert