From: Peter Seiler on

everytime when I'm online, Kaspersky Internet Securite 6 (the
Anti-Hacker-module) says:

Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern Adresse 222.91.45.210 UDP Port 1434

blocked

Any hint what happened, what that is/mean? THX in advance.

--
by(e) PS
spam will be killed

From: me on
Peter Seiler <psprivate(a)mailinator.com> wrote in

> everytime when I'm online, Kaspersky Internet Securite 6
> (the Anti-Hacker-module) says:
>
> Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern Adresse 222.91.45.210
> UDP Port 1434
>
> blocked
>
> Any hint what happened, what that is/mean? THX in advance.

Take a look at
http://isc.sans.org/port_details.html?port=1434

Replies to: Nherr1professor2doktor31109(at)Oyahoo(dot)Tcom
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Peter Seiler" <psprivate(a)mailinator.com>

| Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern Adresse 222.91.45.210 UDP Port 1434

| blocked

| Any hint what happened, what that is/mean? THX in advance.

It sounds like activity at the FireWall. If you were using a NAT Router then you
would not see the activity at all on the PC and would only be at the Router.

It looks like just information. You can think of it as just "noise" and can be
ignored.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: Virus Guy on
Peter Seiler wrote:

> Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern Adresse 222.91.45.210
> UDP Port 1434
>
> Any hint what happened

What happened is that you don't have a $50 NAT router between your
cable/dsl modem and your computer.

I strongly suggest you get one to eliminate the need for you to be
running stupid and resource-draining (and vulnerable to de-activation)
firewall software on your computer.

> what that is/mean?

"Helkern" - 376 Bytes That Shook The World
(January, 2003)

http://www.kasperskylabs.com/news.html?id=970183

The worm is being broadcast by machines running Microsoft SQL Server.
Here's a question: If you're running Pervasive SQL server, is your
machine (was your machine) ever vulnerable?
From: Duane Arnold on
Peter Seiler wrote:
> everytime when I'm online, Kaspersky Internet Securite 6 (the
> Anti-Hacker-module) says:
>
> Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern Adresse 222.91.45.210 UDP Port 1434
>
> blocked
>
> Any hint what happened, what that is/mean? THX in advance.

You don't have MS SQL Server running on your computer. MS SQL Server
runs and uses post 1434. If SQL Server is not running on your computer
and it most likely is not, then there is nothing to attack the port is
not being used.

Duane :)