Prev: virus
Next: Free AV from AOL
From: Lukas Mariman on
A few weeks ago I installed KAV 6, and recently noticed problems when trying
to run the Windows XP diskchecking uttility (chkdsk).

It seems to hang at "phase 2" for what seems like a minute, then finally
starts to proceed, though often ending before it completes the disk check,
and resulting in an error message basically saying it could not finish the
job.

Are their any know issues concerning KAV & chkdsk? For the record, I
recently had to uninstall Spy Sweeper after "upgrading" to version 5.0...

From: Eagle on
On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 19:26:16 +0200, "Lukas Mariman"
<lukas.mariman(a)skynet.be> wrote:

>A few weeks ago I installed KAV 6, and recently noticed problems when trying
>to run the Windows XP diskchecking uttility (chkdsk).
>
>It seems to hang at "phase 2" for what seems like a minute, then finally
>starts to proceed, though often ending before it completes the disk check,
>and resulting in an error message basically saying it could not finish the
>job.

Try running chkdsk with KAV disabled
From: Lukas Mariman on

"Eagle" <ben(a)anniespam.net> schreef in bericht
> On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 19:26:16 +0200, "Lukas Mariman"
> <lukas.mariman(a)skynet.be> wrote:
>
>>A few weeks ago I installed KAV 6, and recently noticed problems when
>>trying
>>to run the Windows XP diskchecking uttility (chkdsk).
>>
>>It seems to hang at "phase 2" for what seems like a minute, then finally
>>starts to proceed, though often ending before it completes the disk check,
>>and resulting in an error message basically saying it could not finish the
>>job.
>>
> Try running chkdsk with KAV disabled

I'll try that for a while. How about this poractive protection? Could that
cause problems?

From: Eagle on
On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:33:45 +0200, "Lukas Mariman"
<lukas.mariman(a)skynet.be> wrote:

>I'll try that for a while. How about this poractive protection? Could that
>cause problems?

If you have left it at the default settings KAV will continue workig
in the background causing the issues you describe, it is always best
to disable KAV first to eliminte ant issues as you are experiencing.
If you decide to use proactive protection I would suggest unticking
'application integrity control' as it has been known to suck your
resources dry..a fix will soon be forthcoming in the next update later
this year apparently. All the others I have enabled with no
performance hits so far.
Time for us all to unite and fight back against the tyranny which threatens to destroy us all

Pages: 1
Prev: virus
Next: Free AV from AOL