From: jagguy on
My pc has a virus i can't get rid of w32.myzorFK(a)yf

I don't know how it got there as I am not the only 1 to use my home pc.

I got problems after downloading incodec (dumb).

My home page won't goto google and goes to a security centre page with some
pop up warning about I have this virus mentioned.

I ran avast/spyware/adaware but i think I need something more.

can anyone help?

From: Befunge Sudoku on
In article <44d0b102$0$1206$afc38c87(a)news.optusnet.com.au>,
johntownsley(a)optusnet.com.au says...
> I ran avast/spyware/adaware but i think I need something more.

Tried them in Safe Mode?
f8 during boot-up to get it.
--
The first rule of optimisation: "Don't do it yet"
The second rule of optimisation: "I told you, don't do it yet"
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
jagguy wrote:

> My pc has a

multi-posting problem. Please don't multi-post; cross-post only when
necessary. How about looking for answers in alt.comp.virus where you
posted first?

-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "jagguy" <johntownsley(a)optusnet.com.au>

| My pc has a virus i can't get rid of w32.myzorFK(a)yf
|
| I don't know how it got there as I am not the only 1 to use my home pc.
|
| I got problems after downloading incodec (dumb).
|
| My home page won't goto google and goes to a security centre page with some
| pop up warning about I have this virus mentioned.
|
| I ran avast/spyware/adaware but i think I need something more.
|
| can anyone help?

Two part reply..

Perform Part 1 then perform Part 2.

If the first two parts don't work, perform the alternate section.

It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe Mode.

If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version 5.0,
then you are strongly urged to remove any/all versions that are prior to JRE/JSE
Version 5.0. There are vulnerabilities in them and they are actively being exploited.
This is most likely why you got infected with malware.

Therefore, it is highly suggested that if there are any prior versions of Sun Java
to Version 5 on the PC that they be removed and Sun Java JRE/JSE Version 5.0 Update 7
be installed ASAP.

Simple check, look under...
C:\Program Files\Java

The only folder under that folder should be the latest version...

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Part 1
-----------

Use noahdfear's SmitFraud, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, et. al., removal tool -- SmitRem.exe
http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/click%20counter/click.php?id=1

Part 2
-----------

Download SmitFraud.exe from the URL --
http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/SmitFraud.exe

Execute; SmitFraud.exe { Note: You must accept the default of C:\McAfee }
Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

FireWall to enable WGET.EXE to download the needed McAfee related files.

Execute; c:\mcafee\clean.bat
{ or Double-click on 'Clean Link' in c:\mcafee }

A final report in HTML format called C:\mcafee\Normal_ScanReport.HTML or
C:\mcafee\Safe_ScanReport.HTML will be generated. At the end of the scan, it will be
displayed in your browser (Opera, FireFox or Internet Explorer). However, if you are using
WinXP, Win2K or Win2003 your system will be left in a state where you will have to manually
shutdown/reboot the PC. On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser
but your PC will automatically be shutdown. It is suggested that you move the report out of
c:\mcafee before performing another scan.

It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML
report for each session.

ALTERNATE:

Part 1
-----------

Secured2K's SpyAxe, PSGuard, Smitfraud, Sinnaka and Alemod removal tool.

http://secured2k.home.comcast.net/tools/AntiPuper.exe

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=65072

Part 2
-----------

S!ri's SmitfraudFix
http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix_En.php

Please Copy and Paste the contents of the HTML Log files;
C:\mcafee\Normal_ScanReport.HTML & C:\mcafee\Safe_ScanReport.HTML in your reply.

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: Cassie on
Hi' Dave,
I just read this post and had a look at what version of Java I have and it
was or is 5_6, I removed from add remove and then tried to remove the
folder from Program files but it wouldn't let me so I rebooted thinking that
would help, then I did a search and there are a lot of files there some say
Windows system, I wanted to get the latest version you mentioned in this
thread. Now I don't know what to do, sorry if I am jumping in on Jagguy's
information but I am starting to worry as I have this version on my laptop
too which I only installed 2 days ago so one would think it is the latest
but not according to what you have said here. I don't have a virus but
wanted the right one,
Hope you can advise me,
Cassie.

Pages: 1 2