From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Cassie" <Cassie(a)hunterlink.com>

| Hi' Dave,
| I just read this post and had a look at what version of Java I have and it
| was or is 5_6, I removed from add remove and then tried to remove the
| folder from Program files but it wouldn't let me so I rebooted thinking that
| would help, then I did a search and there are a lot of files there some say
| Windows system, I wanted to get the latest version you mentioned in this
| thread. Now I don't know what to do, sorry if I am jumping in on Jagguy's
| information but I am starting to worry as I have this version on my laptop
| too which I only installed 2 days ago so one would think it is the latest
| but not according to what you have said here. I don't have a virus but
| wanted the right one,
| Hope you can advise me,

Sun Java Version 5 update 6 is OK and is not vulnerable (or at least no known
vulnerabilities).

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: Cassie on
Oh....no, I've deleted from add remove so what will I do now Dave?.
reinstall it over all those files.
Cassie.

From: Cassie on
Me again, now I'm worried about Avast, as I was going to install that on my
Laptop when Norton's 3 free months is up. Also I was going to download onto
my friend's computer tomorrow as her free 3 months is up on her desktop, but
if Avast didn't find that virus then I'm worried about it.
Cassie.

From: Cassie on
I've installed Java again so all is okay. Still concerned about Avast
though.

From: louise on
Cassie wrote:
> I've installed Java again so all is okay. Still concerned about Avast
> though.
> Cassie.
> "Cassie" <Cassie(a)hunterlink.com> wrote in message
>> Oh....no, I've deleted from add remove so what will I do now Dave?.
>> reinstall it over all those files.
>> Cassie.
>> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
>>> From: "Cassie" <Cassie(a)hunterlink.com>

>>> it
>>> that
>>> say
>>> this
>>> Jagguy's
>>> laptop
>>> latest
>>>

>>> Sun Java Version 5 update 6 is OK and is not vulnerable (or at least no
>>> known
>>> vulnerabilities).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dave
>>> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>>> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

If you're willing to pay, KAV or NOD32 are the AVs to
choose. My personal preference is NOD32, but there are many
here who prefer KAV.

If you want a free one, as I understand it, the best is AntiVir.

Either way, stay away from Norton bloat.

Louise
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: show_ads.js