From: Cor on
http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?

From: Wilf on
Cor wrote:
> http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?

yes, it's a cut-down version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus (KAV) 6. In which
case, it should be good, even if much reduced in scope.

--
Wilf
From: badgolferman on
Wilf, 8/11/2006, 9:50:46 AM, <44DC8B36.80205(a)wilf45728.com> wrote:

> Cor wrote:
> > http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?
> yes, it's a cut-down version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus (KAV) 6. In
> which case, it should be good, even if much reduced in scope.

Questions:
How do you know this is Kaspersky?
Would you use this product over NOD32?
From: Wilf on
badgolferman wrote:
> Wilf, 8/11/2006, 9:50:46 AM, <44DC8B36.80205(a)wilf45728.com> wrote:
>
>> Cor wrote:
>>> http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?
>> yes, it's a cut-down version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus (KAV) 6. In
>> which case, it should be good, even if much reduced in scope.
>
> Questions:
> How do you know this is Kaspersky?
> Would you use this product over NOD32?
1. I can see from the screen shot on the web site as I use Kaspersky
myself. Also, there was a discussion about this very product in the
Kaspersky Labs forum only yesterday.
2. I think KAV (actually, I use KIS, which is KAV plus firewall) is
really good but cannot compare it with NOD32 as I've never used that
product. I can say that the support you get in the Kaspersky forum is
really good, though and was part of the reason I went for KIS.

--
Wilf
From: Ron Lopshire on
badgolferman wrote:
> Wilf, 8/11/2006, 9:50:46 AM, <44DC8B36.80205(a)wilf45728.com> wrote:
>
>>Cor wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?
>>
>>yes, it's a cut-down version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus (KAV) 6. In
>>which case, it should be good, even if much reduced in scope.
>
> Questions:
> How do you know this is Kaspersky?
> Would you use this product over NOD32?

1) AOL Active Virus Shield
(http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=19414)

2) Depends. Are you using AOL? Both are good AV solutions. I would
probably use a _free_ version of KAV _or_ NOD32, before I would pay
for the other one, if you know what I mean.

The AOL Active Virus Shield is a stripped down version of KAV 6. Same
engine and definitions, but not the full customizability of KAV 6. And
I am not sure that it contains all of the modules --- email AV, Web
AV, PDM, etc.

Ron :)
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6