From: mmq1 on
How easy is this to use as an on demand scanner only. I prefer not to
run scanners all the time.

I've had little problem using most Antivirus this way, except for
Mcaffe which is a royal pain to invoke as on demand only.

I have heard Kaspersky is a reliable product and would like to use
this.

From: Art on
On 12 Aug 2006 23:12:49 -0700, mmq1(a)mail.com wrote:

> How easy is this to use as an on demand scanner only. I prefer not to
>run scanners all the time.

If you disable both of the included modules .... File and Email
scanning .... the realtime or background scanning functionality
is disabled. You can then use the product strictly as a on-demand
scanner.

> I've had little problem using most Antivirus this way, except for
>Mcaffe which is a royal pain to invoke as on demand only.
>

> I have heard Kaspersky is a reliable product and would like to use
>this.

I've not yet found any reason to not recommend it. As has been
mentioned, do not leave the Taskbar option checked during the
installation, and read what you're agreeing to, especially in the
way of opening yourself up for more spam emails (if your ISP or
yourself aren't filtering them well).

Art
http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg
From: Art on
On 12 Aug 2006 23:12:49 -0700, mmq1(a)mail.com wrote:

> I have heard Kaspersky is a reliable product and would like to use
>this.

Something I just noticed and forgot to mention. The license expires
one year after you activate.

Art
http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg
From: DaVinci on
Art wrote:
> On 12 Aug 2006 23:12:49 -0700, mmq1(a)mail.com wrote:
>
>> I have heard Kaspersky is a reliable product and would like to use
>> this.
>
> Something I just noticed and forgot to mention. The license expires
> one year after you activate.
>
> Art
> http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg

Art,

Thanks for the feedback on your experience with Active Virus Shield.

D.
From: Art on
On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:24:16 -0700, DaVinci <D(a)nospam.net> wrote:

>Art,
>
>Thanks for the feedback on your experience with Active Virus Shield.

Well, I hope it's helpful. I always get turned on by some new
possibility of a good antimalware product to recommend. In this
case, AVS is suitable (it seems so far) for both emergency use
and for regular use by those who can't or won't put out a few
bucks for a high quality full-featured product. I'm considering
putting up some info on it at my web site at some point in the
near future ... including "how to use it" kind of stuff. Not that
it's all that complicated, but new users, especially those in a
panic over some malware, really do need some hand holding
and some detailed instructions.

Art
http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last