From: Sasikiran on
Dear,

I am struggling with AVERAGEIF formula which calculates the average of data
of one location without including 0 values.

In the below example, would require a formula to calculate the average of
the data which corresponds for MEXICO excluding 0 values.

A1 B1
MEXICO 5
CHICAGO 89
TEXAS 10
MEXICO 0
TEXAS 45
MEXICO 15
CHICAGO 0
TEXAS 15
MEXICO 0

Please help..

From: Bob Phillips on
Use AVERAGEIFS

=AVERAGEIFS(B1:B9,A1:A9,"MEXICO",B1:B9,">0")

--

HTH

Bob

From: Jacob Skaria on
Try AVERAGEIFS()

or the array formula
=AVERAGE(IF((A1:A10="Mexico")*(B1:B10>0),B1:B10))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Roger Govier on
Hi

Because you have dual criteria, Mexico and >0 you will need to use
Sumproduct

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6="Mexico")*(B1:B6>0)*B1:B6)/
SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6="Mexico")*(B1:B6>0))
--
Regards
Roger Govier

From: Jacob Skaria on
Try this..

=AVERAGEIFS(B1:B10,A1:A10,"Mexico",B1:B10,">0")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)