From: ehsan_aman on

Hi,
None of the above solutions worked for me. BUT, interestingly enough ;
I have tried to update AVG 9.0 by executing the "avgupd.exe" from the
installation folder. Yes, it works !!!!!!!!!!!
I think AVG cannot run the relating update module on some platforms.
When I tried to update the AVG from its regular application console ,
my firewall did not alert that a process wants to connect to the
internet. So I guess that AVG does not run the "avgupd.exe" at all.
Hence I run the file manually and it started updating.

You may test this solution too.

Good luck!

Ehsan

--