From: news.tiscali on
buzzard wrote:
> the new AVG is a HIPPOPOTAMUS!
>
> Bleah!

What do you think of Avg Rescue CD?

Thanks

Regards

From: buzzard on
news.tiscali wrote:

> What do you think of Avg Rescue CD?

didn't know there was one
From: buzzard on
geoar75(a)gmail.com wrote:
> That's the best you can do.
> Don't forget to try BitDefender and Panda Cloud Antivirus as well.
>
> In my humble opinion, freeware antivirus utilities are not the best
> solution. Especially on a corporate environment.

Thanx folx, I'll check'em out as time permits.

(yeah, if it was for a corporate environment i probably
would buy something, but its just for my own used and
rather junky pc)
From: goarilla on
On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 23:09:19 -0800, geoar75(a)gmail.com wrote:

> That's the best you can do.
> Don't forget to try BitDefender and Panda Cloud Antivirus as well.
>
> In my humble opinion, freeware antivirus utilities are not the best
> solution. Especially on a corporate environment.

but not for the quality of the anti-virus recognition
avast home free is absolutely wonderful imho.

but professional versions have features like error reporting, statistics
the ability to push out updates from a controlled server, no licensing
issues, ...

which makes them a lot more useable in a corporate env.

From: goarilla on
On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:46:49 -0500, buzzard wrote:

> geoar75(a)gmail.com wrote:
>> ..and?
>>
>> On 2 Δεκ, 03:00, buzzard <u...(a)domain.invalid.net> wrote:
>>> the new AVG is a HIPPOPOTAMUS!
>>>
>>> Bleah!
>
> Huh? what? ... and nothing.
> U wouldn't happen to know of some free antivirus thats a bit less
> blimpy, anyone?
>
> (if not, i'll just start trying them out at random

avast home free, avira (not sure of the most recent version -- it's been a
while), nod32 is also pretty lightweight but on some independant testing
it scores very low.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: SPAM ALERT