From: Steve Howard on
On Nov 18, 1:38 am, raja <dextersu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have another AWR Report generated with 1hr interval.

???

> AWR Report :
>             Snap Id Snap Time          Sessions Cursors/Session
> Begin Snap: 10739   13-Nov-08 09:00:45 105      58.2
> End Snap:   10763   13-Nov-08 15:00:12 91       75.2

???
From: Steve Howard on
On Nov 18, 1:38 am, raja <dextersu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

What is the issue with all of this, any way?

It looks like you had an average of 30% USER CPU for the duration of
the snap (92,000 seconds of USER CPU, with 14 CPU's over six hours of
available CPU to be used). That's not too bad? Is an SLA not being
met?

Also, why did you set these ?

init.ora Parameters
Parameter Name value
From: joel garry on
On Nov 18, 1:36 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, why did you set these ?
>
> init.ora Parameters
> Parameter Name                value
>

> >> _newsort_enabled              FALSE
> >> _optim_peek_user_binds        FALSE

Can't speak for the OP, but at least one vendor of mine is magic-
bulleting _optim_peek_user_binds

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.rottenneighbors.com
From: Steve Howard on
On Nov 18, 6:48 pm, joel garry <joel-ga...(a)home.com> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 1:36 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, why did you set these ?
>
> > init.ora Parameters
> > Parameter Name                value

> Can't speak for the OP, but at least one vendor of mine is magic-
> bulleting _optim_peek_user_binds
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.http://www.rottenneighbors.com

We actually used it once for Oracle Text queries that would
misbehave. We *always* wanted to use the Text index, but sometimes
the optimizer would build a different cursor based on the bind that
was peeked. We literally had over 10,000 child cursors for a given
statement. The soft parsing killed us. We turned off bind peeking,
and the problem went away.

Six months later, it bit us in the rear for something else, though.

Regardless, that would still be the first question I would ask, though.
From: raja on
Hi,

Thanks for ur comments.
I trying to learn, how to interpret AWR Report.
Previously i had an awr report here ( pls see the previous posts of
this thread ), which charles, steve and sybrand helped to give me some
tips so that i can investigate more on it.
Similarly i have another AWR Report here with 1 hr interval ( having
this, as a place to make a study/analysis of awr report )
Just want to study this report too.
I dont know where to start from / where to look into first ( hot spots
in awr report to look into ), thats y pasted the awr report here for
discussion.

Still cant understand what steve Howard and joel garry, try to comment
on ? Please explain.

Steve Howard,
May i know how you calculated the below ones ...
"It looks like you had an average of 30% USER CPU for the duration of
the snap (92,000 seconds of USER CPU, with 14 CPU's over six hours of
available CPU to be used)."

Joel Garry,
Can you explain again on what you said ?

Thanks in Advance.

With Regards,
Raja.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Role , System privilege and Object privilege
Next: RMAN Error