From: Tim on
I am looking for information on installing the Abit Chipset, Audio, USB,
etc drivers on my system. The company I work for has multiple abit
motherboards (NF7, KV-85, KV8-PRO, etc.) that we have out to our
customers. I am making an image that has the drivers available to be
re-installed and I want to be able to streamline the installs using
batch files. I can call the executables, but I cannot figure out how to
run it in quiet mode.

Is there any way to do this? Also, if the app needs a driver it cannot
find, is there a way to point it to the directories the drivers are in?

Thanks,

-Tim
From: Stephen on
On Sun, 17 May 2009 17:39:25 -0500, Tim <jalfan(a)hotmail.com> had a
flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/ has info for doing that.

--

Stephen

Drive defensively. Buy a tank.
From: Tim on
Stephen wrote:
> On Sun, 17 May 2009 17:39:25 -0500, Tim <jalfan(a)hotmail.com> had a
> flock of green cheek conures squawk out:
>
>> I am looking for information on installing the Abit Chipset, Audio, USB,
>> etc drivers on my system. The company I work for has multiple abit
>> motherboards (NF7, KV-85, KV8-PRO, etc.) that we have out to our
>> customers. I am making an image that has the drivers available to be
>> re-installed and I want to be able to streamline the installs using
>> batch files. I can call the executables, but I cannot figure out how to
>> run it in quiet mode.
>>
>> Is there any way to do this? Also, if the app needs a driver it cannot
>> find, is there a way to point it to the directories the drivers are in?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Tim
>
> http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/ has info for doing that.

Thanks, but my problem is that Windows (Embedded XP) is already
installed on the image, and a custom application is installed in the
User Shell that gives the customers access to our program. This is all
done from our Programming Department. It is my job to get the drivers
for our peripherals onto the image at this point... also there are some
drivers that conflict with others (We have a couple different
manufacturers supplying motherboards). The only way around this is to
install the drivers only after a PC is assembled. We have the driver
setup programs on the image ready to be installed and I just want to
make the installation process as easy for the next department as I can.
I would like to use nLite to create the Windows CD myself, as I do for
my Home PCs, but this is something our programmers would have to do (not
me).

I unfortunately do not have access to the programmers and cannot change
the process of how they do things because I do realize how easy it would
be to include the OEM drivers on the Windows Install, but do not have
the ability to change this (or access to the user shell program so I can
restart the process myself).

:(

I just need to know if the Setup files I downloded from the ABIT website
have command line functions for a quiet install so I can write a batch
file to do the trick, or if there is a way to extract command line
arguments available to the setup programs?

Thanks!

-Tim