From: Conrad on
Hi

I have just installed Windows 7 64 bit on a PC with an Ip35pro m/b.
Everthing works fine but on shutting down the PC it restarts automatically
after a few seconds.
I have gone through the BIOS settings and disabled all the 'Wake up' options
but to no avail.
I previously had a 32 bit version of Win 7 with the same problem but 32 bit
versions of Vista and XP were OK.

According to the Abit site I have the latest BIOS (14) so I guess it must be
a Win 7 issue unless someone can suggest a BIOS setting change.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Conrad

From: Conrad on
Hi again

No, I haven't tried a new PSU - the unit is a new Corsair 750w which works
fine with a non Windows 7 OS.
However I have a PSU tester which shows no fault on any of the rails on the
Corsair.
The restart takes place after the same elapsed time after shutdown (5-6secs)
so this makes me think it is BIOS related.
Otherwise it could be some settings in Win 7 - I'm not up to speed on the
new OS as yet so maybe need to delve into that.
Thanks for your input.

Conrad

From: hemm99 on
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:31:25 -0000, "Conrad"
<conrad(a)ceebees.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have just installed Windows 7 64 bit on a PC with an Ip35pro m/b.
>Everthing works fine but on shutting down the PC it restarts automatically
>after a few seconds.
>I have gone through the BIOS settings and disabled all the 'Wake up' options
>but to no avail.
>I previously had a 32 bit version of Win 7 with the same problem but 32 bit
>versions of Vista and XP were OK.
>
>According to the Abit site I have the latest BIOS (14) so I guess it must be
>a Win 7 issue unless someone can suggest a BIOS setting change.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Conrad

I have 2 computers here both with the Abit IP35Pro motherboard. One on
win 7 32 and one on Win7 64. Both shutdown fine. Try disconnecting all
USB devices. Got a PS2 keyboard you can try?
From: Foke on
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have just installed Windows 7 64 bit on a PC with an Ip35pro m/b.
>Everthing works fine but on shutting down the PC it restarts automatically
>after a few seconds.
>I have gone through the BIOS settings and disabled all the 'Wake up' options
>but to no avail.
>I previously had a 32 bit version of Win 7 with the same problem but 32 bit
>versions of Vista and XP were OK.
>
>According to the Abit site I have the latest BIOS (14) so I guess it must be
>a Win 7 issue unless someone can suggest a BIOS setting change.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Conrad

I wonder if it's Windows causing the reboot? I don't know how Windows 7
works, but XP defaults to an automatic reboot after a system failure. This
option can be changed by right-clicking My Computer and selecting
Properties/Advanced tab/Startup and Recover settings button.
From: Conrad on
Hi Folks

Problem solved at last!
Despite the 'Wake on LAN' being disabled in the BIOS the LAN (it's dual
gigabyte LAN) advanced property settings
in Device Manager was still set to Wake on LAN - disabling this did the
trick.

In hindsight I should have checked this but I convinced myself it was a
BIOS issue and never investigated further after the LAN was disabled in the
BIOS.

Hopefully this may help someone else and thanks for the previous suggestions
which may well be relevant to similar situations
where my oversight doesn't apply.

Conrad