From: Albertoh on
Thanks a lot, I'll try there

From: Tim Slattery on
Bob I <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Tim Slattery wrote:
>> Albertoh <Albertoh(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>I don't see "Windows 7" forum ?
>>

>> MS is dropping newsgroup support. They never created any newsgroups
>> for Win7. But there is one on any Usenet server you can access:
>> alt.windows7.general
>>

>Unfortunately the trolls have reduced that to near uselessness.

I don't quite agree. Yes there are lots of idiots there making idiotic
posts. In a decent newsreader (I use Agent) you can setup a killfile
or just tap the delete key a few times (then a few more sometimes).
There are a lot of good folks there as well as the loonies.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov
From: Nil on
On 08 Jul 2010, Bob I <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Unfortunately the trolls have reduced that to near uselessness.

No more than any other newsgroup. Just filter them out - it's not very
difficult, and you're left with a much smaller but still useful source
of information.
From: Bob I on

Nil wrote:
> On 08 Jul 2010, Bob I <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>

>>Unfortunately the trolls have reduced that to near uselessness.
>

> No more than any other newsgroup. Just filter them out - it's not very
> difficult, and you're left with a much smaller but still useful source
> of information.

That doesn't help the newbie trying to get a valid answer, especially
one that isn't even sure how they go into the newsgroup in the first place.

From: Nil on
On 08 Jul 2010, Bob I <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> That doesn't help the newbie trying to get a valid answer,
> especially one that isn't even sure how they go into the newsgroup
> in the first place.

I wasn't addressing the question of how to get into a newsgroup, I was
addressing your comment.

If you are a newbie and want more information, I'll be happy to explain
it in more detail.