From: clk on
I have a mde database file developed for a client. This was
originally set up and run in Access 2003. Everything worked fine.
Recently this client purchased several new computers. These computers
came with Access 2007. Now whenever an Access 2007 user opens the
database, it locks the database for all other users. I have checked
all the Access settings I know to check. These new machines are also
running Windows 7. I am not sure if this is enough information or if
anyone has seen this behavior and may have some suggestions.

Any help is appreciated.
From: Jörn Bosse on
Hello,

open the options -> clientsettings and scroll down to advanced and check if
the db opens exclusiv or approved.
If exclusiv is selected you have to change this.

--
Hope to Help - J�rn

From: clk on
On Jul 6, 10:42 am, Jörn Bosse <joernbo...(a)gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> open the options -> clientsettings and scroll down to advanced and check if
> the db opens exclusiv or approved.
> If exclusiv is selected you have to change this.
>
> --
> Hope to Help - Jörn

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already checked those settings and
it is set up to open shared not exclusive. Any other thoughts are
appreciated.
From: Jörn Bosse on
Hello,

is your db compiled?
Did you split your app into front-/backend?

--
Hope to Help - J�rn

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Where is the database located? Does the user have the necessary permissions
on that folder?

Does it make a difference if you right-click on msaccess.exe and select to
Run As Administrator? If so, try right-clicking on the shortcut and looking
at its Properties. Go to the Shortcut tab, click Advanced, and check the
"Run As Administrator" check box.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele