From: Brad on
We have started to use Access 2007 at work and I really like it. It seems
incredibly powerful for a small price tag. In the IBM mainframe world, such
a tool with similar functionality would cost hundreds of thousands of
dollars. I used to work in this realm.

I am having so much fun with Access 2007 at work, that I am considering
buying a copy for my home PC to be able to experiment after hours and on
weekends. (Sign of dedication, or sign of being a true geek? :-)

I have an older Dell PC which works fine, but I plan to replace it at the
end of 2010. If I buy Access 2007 and install it on the PC that I currently
use at home and then replace this PC in December, will I be able to use the
same copy of Access 2007 or will I need to buy a new copy?

I know that this is probably a really dumb question, but I have done some
digging and have not yet been able to find the answer on Microsoft's website.

Thanks,
Brad
From: William Boswell on
As long as you remove it from the old hard drive and reinstall on the new
computer, you shouldn't have to purchase another license. I just purchased a
new computer and reinstalled all my software over without any problems.
You'll just have to activated it again. I'm not sure if Microsoft programs
allow you to deactivate like Adobe software does. I don't think it does.

You just have to make sure the old computer doesn't have Access or any other
software on it that you still plan to use otherwise you will have to purchase
a new license if the copy on the old computer is still accessible.

Recently, before I gave away my old computer I reformatted the hard drive
and reinstalled everything that came with that computer. Nothing else was
included. I even gave them all the original discs that came with it.