From: flebber on
I have a database I am starting to create. I need some guidance in how
to best create a time format for a "sports watch". What I need to
record is minutes:seconds:hundredths, however the times will need be
manually inputted or imported.

There will also be basic calculations performed on times e.g car a
time for lap 1 is 1:22:30 and this is 00:01:27 outside best time. So
store times and then be able to calculate differences in time and
store them.

There seems to be two basic ways to go 1) create an input mask and
create a text field as mm:ss:uu, only I am unsure how to validate the
inputs so that seconds greater than 60 cannot be created or hundredths
greater than 99. Seems may have calculations complications to.

Create a table/template/format so that each time is inputted into
separate fields, so that minutes has its own field seconds etc. Then
have a field where it adds previous fields so ([mm]+[ss]+[uu]). Bit
beyond my skill level but makes more sense, would like more
information on this approach if it is better?

Any ideas? Other ideas besides my two above appreciated.