From: Don84 on

I'm using both Excel 2000 and Access 2000. A spreadsheet file (.xls)
has been successfully imported into an Access database and it shows up
in the Table list.
And query against it returns results as well. But then when I copy
this database to another directory. Open up the copied database and
imported table does not show up and of course failed to query it.

OS: Vista Home Premius 32 bit.

How come?

It really puzzled me.
From: Salad on
Don84 wrote:

> I'm using both Excel 2000 and Access 2000. A spreadsheet file (.xls)
> has been successfully imported into an Access database and it shows up
> in the Table list.
> And query against it returns results as well. But then when I copy
> this database to another directory. Open up the copied database and
> imported table does not show up and of course failed to query it.
>
> OS: Vista Home Premius 32 bit.
>
> How come?
>
> It really puzzled me.

Is it imported or linked?

If imported I wouldn't know.

If linked, here's a possibility. Let's say you saved the spreadsheet in
C:\Excel\ABC.XLS and on the new machine there was no C:\Excel directory
or an ABC.XLS. Or you were mapped to F:\Excel\ and on the other machine
the mapping is G:\Excel\. On the new machine you may have to re-link
the file.

Here's a test. Assume it's App.MDB. If you go to Explorer, copy and
paste it to the same folder, you'll have a "Copy of App.MDB". If you
can open the Excel file OK, then you have an should look at the
connection string of the file.