From: RcCypher on
Ok guys and gals, I'm at a loss here.
At my office we have a SQL server handling most of the databases.
Almost everyone uses an MS access 2007 front end. Normally we don't
have to many issues with this setup it seems to work fairly well.
However recently we ran into this problem.

Our domain users need access to this database, which they have sql
permissions for read write and DBO. However, when they access the
database the drop down menus in some of the forms fail to appear. A
drop down appears and with existing records it shows the stored data
for the record. However with new records the form does not pull up the
info for the menus.

Now when I access this database as a Domain admin, with the same SQL
privs. they have, I can see these drop downs without issue.

Its also interesting to note that the DBO (the user that is DBO not
the users assigned the DBO permission) has no issues with these drop
down menus.

Any suggestions?
From: Br on
On Mar 18, 4:14 am, RcCypher <lawsof...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok guys and gals, I'm at a loss here.
> At my office we have a SQL server handling most of the databases.
> Almost everyone uses an MS access 2007 front end. Normally we don't
> have to many issues with this setup it seems to work fairly well.
> However recently we ran into this problem.
>
> Our domain users need access to this database, which they have sql
> permissions for read write and DBO. However, when they access the
> database the drop down menus in some of the forms fail to appear. A
> drop down appears and with existing records it shows the stored data
> for the record. However with new records the form does not pull up the
> info for the menus.
>
> Now when I access this database as a Domain admin, with the same SQL
> privs. they have, I can see these drop downs without issue.
>
> Its also interesting to note that the DBO (the user that is DBO not
> the users assigned the DBO permission) has no issues with these drop
> down menus.
>
> Any suggestions?

If the dbo is not having the issue then it seems to be a permissions
problem. Are you sure each user has dbo permissions for every table?

Can they access the attached tables directly?

Check all your bit fields have a default value? If the table is not
setup correctly it will be read-only in Access.

Br(a)dley
From: Rich P on
You may also want to check with the network administrator to see if
there is a group policy that the users need to be a member of

Rich