From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:13:01 -0700, ggregg <ggregg(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>The part I was missing was putting the runtime on each users computer.
>There are about 12 other users. I update the program remotely, so do I need
>to update every computer with the runtime each time I do an update?
>Or is there an easier way to do this?

You only need to install the Access Runtime once on each user's computer. When
there's a new version of the frontend, you just need a new copy *of the
frontend mde file*; you do not need to reinstall the runtime msaccess.exe and
all its associated ddl files!

Gina has posted a link to a utility that makes this (pretty easy) task
downright painless.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: ggregg on
Thank you so much for the help
I really appreciate it.
I will definitely do all of the suggestions made

From: Paul Shapiro on
"ggregg" <ggregg(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I wrote an Access 2007 program for a Company.
> The Source Code is on one computer that has the full Access 2007 version.
> I created a runtime and stored it on a Server for all other users to use.
> I made the folder on the Server a Trusted Location.
> Everyone who uses the runtime still gets the Security Message.
> The User bought another version of Access 2007 and installed it on the
> Server.
> I Trusted the folder again through the Server and the Security message
> still
> comes up.
> I checked the Registry Key and the Trusted Folder is set properly.
> Does anyone have an idea why the runtime still produces the Security
> message?

Not entirely clear from your description, but every computer running the db
needs the location of its own copy of the frontend db setup as a trusted
location on that computer. The frontend should ideally be copied to each
local computer, but if it's running from a network location, that network
location needs to be trusted by the local computer. Each user should be
running a private copy of the frontend, not all sharing a single one, so
each computer would have a different trusted location if the frontend
continues to live on network locations.

You mentioned trusting the location through the Server. That would only
matter if Access was running on the server. Generally speaking, office
should not be installed on the server, unless it's a terminal server running
applications for multiple users.