From: ggregg on
I wrote an Access 2007 program for a Company.
The Source Code is on one computer that has the full Access 2007 version.
I created a runtime and stored it on a Server for all other users to use.
I made the folder on the Server a Trusted Location.
Everyone who uses the runtime still gets the Security Message.
The User bought another version of Access 2007 and installed it on the Server.
I Trusted the folder again through the Server and the Security message still
comes up.
I checked the Registry Key and the Trusted Folder is set properly.
Does anyone have an idea why the runtime still produces the Security message?
Thank you

From: Jeff Boyce on
A point of clarification ...

If all your users are hitting the same front-end (your MDE on a Server), you
run a much higher than necessary risk of corruption.

The standard scenario for a split application, whether using an MDE or not,
is to put the data on the Server, and to put a copy of the front-end ON EACH
DESKTOP. That way, each user uses his/her own separate connection to the
data.

Speaking from experience, setting trusted locations on each user's PC and
running the front-end from there has run into no "trust" issues.

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Gina Whipp on
ggregg,

Umm, are you saying the database is not split? You should only have the
back end on the Server and the front ends should be on your Users local
drive in a Trusted Location. This goes for the Runtime or the full
version... is there a reason you didn't set it up that way?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: ggregg on
Thank you both for replying so fast.

I did split the database.
The source code is on one computer and I linked it to the data on the Server
Then I created the run time and put it on the server.
All other users have a shortcut to the runtime on the server

The part I was missing was putting the runtime on each users computer.
There are about 12 other users. I update the program remotely, so do I need
to update every computer with the runtime each time I do an update?
Or is there an easier way to do this?

From: Gina Whipp on
ggregg,

The easy way to update front-ends...