From: sparky on
I have an existing spreadsheet I would like to mimic via Access.
Group heading are: total System kwh, System Demand, ECA
Within each group are the following columns headings: Month, 2006, 2007,
etc...

an example of the 1st two lines of the spreadsheet:

Total System kwh System Demand
Month 2006 2007 2008... Month 2006 2007
2008...
Jan xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx... Jan xxxxx xxxxx
xxxxx...
Feb xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx... Feb xxxxx xxxxx
xxxxx...
After december's data and a total line is the following:

ECA
Month 2006 2007 2008...
Jan xxxx xxxx xxxx...
Feb xxxx xxxx xxxx...

I created a table with the following fields:
Month/Year
kwh
demand
eca
into which I have entered the data directly from the spreadsheet.

I would like help in creating a report which will have a layout like the
existing spreadsheet.

Any ideas or instructions? I am a novice in code, so go slow, please!!!

Thanks

From: Duane Hookom on
I would expect you could build a dynamic crosstab report. Consider the
solution found at http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=5466. It is monthly
but could easily be changed to Annual with a Row Heading of the month. You
would need to define exactly how many years you want to display. Not which
years but how many.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP