From: London Looney on
I am creating a customer service database in access for my IT company. I wish
to create a table with a table to track actions on the original record how
can i do this?
From: golfinray on
At Microsoft.com they have a lot of templates for building databases. The
templates lay out the table structure and basically how to do your forms,
report, and queries.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

From: James A. Fortune on
On May 5, 2:34 pm, "Jeff Boyce" <nonse...(a)nonsense.com> wrote:
> Jeanette
>
> Filenames and filepaths are correct, so that cause can be ruled out.
>
> I noticed a strange ... coincidence ...
>
> If I insert a Stop command at the top of the code in the Form_Open event of
> thesplashform of the db#2, then click the run-to-completion button when
> the Stop breaks, the process works as expected, with no "permission denied".
>
> If I remark out that Stop and try to run it, the "permission denied" pops
> up, the db#2 opens after clicking through the error message, but the process
> never completes.
>
> I tried using DoEvents instead of the Stop, hoping that it was a timing
> and/or completion of process issue, but that didn't do any good.
>
> Got any other leads?

I noticed that an A2K3 database using Shell to open another A2K3
database stopped working about four months ago or so (part of a
nightly scheduled task), possibly due to a software update from
Microsoft. The fix was to include the path of the Access executable
before the file name. The associations were correct -- I could double
click on the .mdb file to open it from Windows Explorer, but the Shell
command didn't work as before without the executable path included.

James A. Fortune
MPAPoster(a)FortuneJames.com
From: Jeff Boyce on
Thanks, James.

It's a bit of a good news/bad news situation...

That sounds like a viable solution ... and I was already including the full
path to the executable :(

Regards

Jeff Boyce

"James A. Fortune" <MPAPoster(a)FortuneJames.com> wrote in message
On May 5, 2:34 pm, "Jeff Boyce" <nonse...(a)nonsense.com> wrote:
> Jeanette
>
> Filenames and filepaths are correct, so that cause can be ruled out.
>
> I noticed a strange ... coincidence ...
>
> If I insert a Stop command at the top of the code in the Form_Open event
> of
> thesplashform of the db#2, then click the run-to-completion button when
> the Stop breaks, the process works as expected, with no "permission
> denied".
>
> If I remark out that Stop and try to run it, the "permission denied" pops
> up, the db#2 opens after clicking through the error message, but the
> process
> never completes.
>
> I tried using DoEvents instead of the Stop, hoping that it was a timing
> and/or completion of process issue, but that didn't do any good.
>
> Got any other leads?

I noticed that an A2K3 database using Shell to open another A2K3
database stopped working about four months ago or so (part of a
nightly scheduled task), possibly due to a software update from
Microsoft. The fix was to include the path of the Access executable
before the file name. The associations were correct -- I could double
click on the .mdb file to open it from Windows Explorer, but the Shell
command didn't work as before without the executable path included.

James A. Fortune
MPAPoster(a)FortuneJames.com

Pages: 1
Prev: mde