From: Nick 'The Database Guy' on
Hi Everybody,

Does anyone know if there is a way of saving an access mdb as a .mde
file using code, if there is I would be very grateful of some pointers
in the right direction on how it is done.

Kind regards,

Nick
From: Bernd Gilles on
Nick 'The Database Guy' schrieb:
> Does anyone know if there is a way of saving an access mdb as a .mde
> file using code, if there is I would be very grateful of some pointers
> in the right direction on how it is done.

http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1031/utility.asp?ItemID=8#8

or

SysCmd 603 , "YourMdb", "YourMde"

maybe you have to use a new access-instance for this

Dim AccApp As Access.Application
Set AccApp = CreateObject("Access.Application")

AccApp.SysCmd 603 , "YourMdb", "YourMde"

Set AccApp = Nothing

--
regards, Bernd
---
From: Nick 'The Database Guy' on
On May 21, 10:24 am, Bernd Gilles <newsgro...(a)gilles-family.de> wrote:
> Nick 'The Database Guy' schrieb:
>
> > Does anyone know if there is a way of saving an access mdb as a .mde
> > file using code, if there is I would be very grateful of some pointers
> > in the right direction on how it is done.
>
> http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1031/utility.asp?ItemID=8#8
>
> or
>
> SysCmd 603 , "YourMdb", "YourMde"
>
> maybe you have to use a new access-instance for this
>
> Dim AccApp As Access.Application
> Set AccApp = CreateObject("Access.Application")
>
> AccApp.SysCmd 603 , "YourMdb", "YourMde"
>
> Set AccApp = Nothing
>
> --
> regards, Bernd
> ---
> Access goes Subversion -http://oasis.dev2dev.de

Thankyou Bernd,

I took your code, inserted appropriate in place of "YourMdb" and
"YourMde" and was pleased when it compiled and even more pleased when
it ran without falling over, but I was a little disappointed when it
failed to create anything! And ideas where I might be going wrong?

Nick
From: Bernd Gilles on
Nick 'The Database Guy' schrieb:
> I took your code, inserted appropriate in place of "YourMdb" and
> "YourMde" and was pleased when it compiled and even more pleased when
> it ran without falling over, but I was a little disappointed when it
> failed to create anything! And ideas where I might be going wrong?

you can only use this to make an mde from another mdb.
have you tried to make a mde from your currently running mdb?

then you should use the tool from trigeminal - you can't make an mde from your active mdb via code.

--
regards, Bernd
---
From: Daniel Pineault on
Nick,

Your original post had already been answered yesterday.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.access&p=1&tid=3ad55da5-4938-42e4-8b8f-398efbfc3be7
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault