From: elias on
Hi There,

I've updated one of our a databases to run in Office 2010 x64 w/Win 7
x64.

For some reason, I am getting a Path/Access Error 75 on this
statement:

Open "c:\products.txt" For Output As #1

I believe it's due to Access 2010 not having the DAO 3.6 Reference
library installed. I clicked the DAO 3.6 Object Library in
references, and get "Error loading DLL". (location seems to be: C:
\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll". (Which
is non existant).

I tried to get smart, and run regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll" which registered successfully,
but didn't seem to appear in the references as an available option in
MS-Access.

I'm rather lost!

Thanks anybody who has read this far!

Thankyou!
From: Stuart McCall on
"elias" <elias.farah(a)scw.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi There,
>
> I've updated one of our a databases to run in Office 2010 x64 w/Win 7
> x64.
>
> For some reason, I am getting a Path/Access Error 75 on this
> statement:
>
> Open "c:\products.txt" For Output As #1
>

> I believe it's due to Access 2010 not having the DAO 3.6 Reference
> library installed. I clicked the DAO 3.6 Object Library in
> references, and get "Error loading DLL". (location seems to be: C:
> \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll". (Which
> is non existant).
>
> I tried to get smart, and run regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common
> Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll" which registered successfully,
> but didn't seem to appear in the references as an available option in
> MS-Access.
>
> I'm rather lost!
>
> Thanks anybody who has read this far!
>
> Thankyou!

This has nothing to do with DAO or the lack of it. The Open statement has
been an integral part of VBA since its inception. Its not a reference
problem.

Check your permissions for c:\

You get a Path/Access Error when VBA can't access the path in question, for
whatever reason (permissions, network down - that kind of thing).

From: elias on
On Jul 26, 9:18 pm, "Stuart McCall" <smcc...(a)myunrealbox.com> wrote:
> "elias" <elias.fa...(a)scw.com.au> wrote in message

> > Hi There,
>
> > I've updated one of our a databases to run in Office 2010 x64 w/Win 7
> > x64.
>
> > For some reason, I am getting a Path/Access Error 75 on this
> > statement:
>
> > Open "c:\products.txt" For Output As #1
>
> > I believe it's due to Access 2010 not having the DAO 3.6 Reference
> > library installed.   I clicked the DAO 3.6 Object Library in
> > references, and get "Error loading DLL".  (location seems to be: C:
> > \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll".  (Which
> > is non existant).
>
> > I tried to get smart, and run regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common
> > Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll" which registered successfully,
> > but didn't seem to appear in the references as an available option in
> > MS-Access.
>
> > I'm rather lost!
>
> > Thanks anybody who has read this far!
>
> > Thankyou!
>
> This has nothing to do with DAO or the lack of it. The Open statement has
> been an integral part of VBA since its inception. Its not a reference
> problem.
>
> Check your permissions for c:\
>
> You get a Path/Access Error when VBA can't access the path in question, for
> whatever reason (permissions, network down - that kind of thing).

Stuart, thankyou for responding.

I am with you, that is why I dumbed down the file to -> to C:
\products.txt. I tried writing to a Directory C:\TEMP\products.txt
and the local directory the Access Database is sitting in. The Path/
Access error 75 persists.

I use the Open statement regularly, and have done for 10 years. It's
only since I upgraded to 2010, that this error is occuring.

The operating system is Win7. I'm the only user, the
Administrator. Changing the Icon properties to "Run as
Administrator" doesn't halt the Error 75, I moved the UAC alerts to
Minimum. (from mid security).

Surprisingly, this is a new 2010 database, I copied the Forms,
Reports, Macros and Modules from a 2003 MDB, and linked the tables
fresh.

Hmm, Its hard to know which direction to look next............ I'll
keel looking. Thankyou,
From: Bob Barrows on
elias wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I've updated one of our a databases to run in Office 2010 x64 w/Win 7
> x64.
>
> For some reason, I am getting a Path/Access Error 75 on this
> statement:
>
> Open "c:\products.txt" For Output As #1
>

> I believe it's due to Access 2010 not having the DAO 3.6 Reference
> library installed. I clicked the DAO 3.6 Object Library in
> references, and get "Error loading DLL". (location seems to be: C:
> \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll". (Which
> is non existant).
>
> I tried to get smart, and run regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common
> Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll" which registered successfully,
> but didn't seem to appear in the references as an available option in
> MS-Access.

DAO is a 32-bit executable and will not load in 64-bit mode. I believe
you will need to run Access in 32-bit mode if you need to use DAO.

But I do agree with Stuart that this is not likely to be a
DAO/references issue, unless the VBA runtime library is not referenced,
which is very unlikely.

I have not had any experience with Win 7, let alone 64-bit machines
(tight budget constraints around here ... ) so I'm not likely to be of
much help. Can you try accessing the file with filesystemobject and see
if you have the same problem?

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

From: David W. Fenton on
:

> I've updated one of our a databases to run in Office 2010 x64
> w/Win 7 x64.

Are you running the 64-bit version of Office? If so, DON'T. MS
recommends using 32-bit Office, even on 64-bit Windows. This is the
default installation, and I see no reason to use 64-bit Access.
Excel is a different animal, but I just don't think there's any
advantage to 64-bit goodness in Access.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
contact via website only http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/