From: sross002 on
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good corporations that offer
Microsoft Office classes that could focus on Access? I am from the
Philadelphia area and would need recomendations from that area.

Thank You in advance.
From: Jerry Whittle on
Have you tried local community colleges?
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Larry Linson on
There used to be some national suppliers of training who regularly offered
Access classes with a stand-up instructor, but over the years it became much
more common for them to offer classes on CD/DVD, but the large organizations
that I've looked into recently have not updated their Access CDs for recent
releases of Access. Perhaps they have done so since the last time I
investigated.

At present, I'd have to echo Jerry Whittle's recommendation. Several of the
Community Colleges in my area (Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas) feature beginner
and intermediate level classes in Access and other Office software. At least
one, one time, offered a Beginning VBA class (I was one of three
instructors) but the demand was not encouraging enough to continue such a
class on an ongoing basis. I fear we enrolled all the students interested in
moving to VBA in that one class and "used up" our target audience.

Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"sross002" <sross002(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows of any good corporations that offer
> Microsoft Office classes that could focus on Access? I am from the
> Philadelphia area and would need recomendations from that area.

I'll repeat the recommendations that you check out local community college.
Also, I know Access MVP Crystal Long does Access training; you should be
able to find her e-mail address (as well as a lot of great tutorial
information) on this web page:

http://www.accessmvp.com/Strive4Peace/Index.htm

I don't know whether she normally teaches classes or prefers to work
one-on-one, but it would be well worth discussing it with her.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)