From: dnl on
I have a search combo box that takes details from excel linked table.
When I open the drop down list I can see only the details of columns 1 and 5
and the rest of the other columns details are blank.
When I choose record it brings me the correct record with all the details.
There is no error comment.
I have another computer with older motherboard that the program works
perfectly.
any ideas?
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:27:01 -0700, dnl <dnl(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a search combo box that takes details from excel linked table.
>When I open the drop down list I can see only the details of columns 1 and 5
>and the rest of the other columns details are blank.
>When I choose record it brings me the correct record with all the details.
>There is no error comment.
>I have another computer with older motherboard that the program works
>perfectly.
>any ideas?

Correct the error in your query or your code. If you would like help doing so
please post them (the Rowsource of the combo and the VBA code in its
AfterUpdate event) - we cannot see either.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: dnl on
thanks for trying to help, but there is nothing wrong with the query or the
code because the same program is working on another computer with no problem.
it's a simple records search combo box with no code attached. it have to be
something to do with old or new computers and with the ability to bring data
from excel. at the list box i can see columns with numbers but not with
letters.

From: Gina Whipp on
dnl,

Access version?
SP version?
Windows version?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:27:01 -0700, dnl <dnl(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have a search combo box that takes details from excel linked table.
> >When I open the drop down list I can see only the details of columns 1
> >and 5
> >and the rest of the other columns details are blank.
> >When I choose record it brings me the correct record with all the
> >details.
> >There is no error comment.
> >I have another computer with older motherboard that the program works
> >perfectly.
> >any ideas?
>
> Correct the error in your query or your code. If you would like help doing
> so
> please post them (the Rowsource of the combo and the VBA code in its
> AfterUpdate event) - we cannot see either.
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Pages: 1