From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:54:06 -0700, Brent <Brent(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>John,
>
>Thanks for the reference. Considering that I'm a beginner, this looks a
>little overwhelming for me.
>
>Is there a way for me to eliminate the "duplicate rec" from the query. If
>possible, would like to eliminate it based on the "rec num" field. I'll deal
>with multiply occuring codes later.

Sure. Make it a Totals query; group by the four other fields, and choose First
(or Min or Max) for code to show at least one of the codes.

The VBA in the website is not at all hard to use. Simply copy and paste the
code from the "code start" through the "code end" lines into a new Module;
save the module under the name basConcatenate (any name other than
fConcatChild); choose Debug... Compile from the menu; and follow the
instructions. In this case you'ld put

Codes: fConcatChild("yourtablename", "RecNum", "Code", "Long", [RecNum])

in a vacant Field cell.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]