|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Function of colon between table names when query in design vie
Thank you for teaching me about the proper vocabulary i.e. "block" and helping me understand how the colon : and Group by work. I do have one more question now about the colon. What function could assigning an alias accomplish in a query? "John Spencer" wrote: If you are talking about having a field "... 7 Jun 2010 17:44
Like Criteria Question using a control from a Form
I am trying to do a like criteria with 2 wildcards using a text box as the parameter. The original data comes from our ERP system that I ODBC to. Everything I read tells me I am writing the criteria correctly but it will not pull any data or I get an ODBC fail message. But if I take out the Form control as t... 7 Jun 2010 17:44
Using a combo box to determine which field to search.
What I want to do, hopefully, will be simple enough. I want to have a search form that has two fields, one a combo box and the other an unbound field. I want the combo box to list the different fields within a table that I want to search. I want the unbound field to be where I enter the criteria for searching th... 7 Jun 2010 18:52
in access, if then statement
if (Escalation/Assignment = 0) or (Updateheat = 0 )or (Worklog = 0), then 0 for the total. Else total. How would you set this up in design query? Each of the above is a seperate table Query: SELECT DISTINCTROW tblMonitoringData_OLD.[HEAT ID], [tblEscalation/Assignment]![Points Earned]+tblUpdateHeat![Po... 7 Jun 2010 16:37
Function of colon between table names when query in design view
I am looking at a field from a query that is in design view. Inside the field are two field names from the same table which are separated by a colon. For example, Old and New are both fields from tblReplace and appear like this Old:New in design view. I believe the colon concatenates the field Old and New in... 7 Jun 2010 15:30
Add character to string
I have a simple query that pulls data from a single table containing some basic client information. One field is a text field containing alpha-numeric data. For purposes of a report, I need to add the letter C in front of these numbers. I do not want to update the fields permanently, as there are other circumsta... 7 Jun 2010 11:54
Dsum Problem with date criteria
Hi all, Kindly solve my problem. I have 2 tables stock_received , stock_utilized. stock_received fields -- date,3pcs,4pcs,boxes. stock_utilized fields -- date,3pcs,4pcs,boxes. I have successfully made a query to get the the current stock in hand as select sum(3pcs)- dsum("3pcs","stock_utilized"), ... 7 Jun 2010 10:47
FILTER
How do you filter numbers? ex. 1 through 200 in order? ... 7 Jun 2010 02:03
How to set the parameter query for this case?
Dear all, I have 2 fields, Eng and Math. I would like to set the parameter query for Eng and Math ==> Eng min, Eng max, Math min and Math max. The Eng query criteria can be "Between Eng min AND Eng max" and the Math query criteria can be "Between Math min AND Math max". But...if I would it can be allowed to have ... 7 Jun 2010 09:40
complex query to pull unique values
I have an inspection table to keep track of rooms in various buildings. These rooms are shared with different supervisors. One inspection of a location would result in x # of inspection records. If the room was shared by 3 supervisors, the same inspection would generate 3 inspection records. Comment field on ea... 7 Jun 2010 18:52
Use of Parntheses in Expressions
Hello, I am fairly new to Access and Excel. I am trying to write a formula/expression, but I think my problem is as simple as having the parenthese in the wrong place. The formula I have currently is as follows: Sum(((IIf([Mapping]![Pricing]="CPM",[TPImpressions]/1000*[Mapping]![Price],IIf([Mapping]![Pricing]=... 7 Jun 2010 09:40
calculating average days
I am trying to develop a report where in the PartNum footer the average number of days between orders is calculated. I have created the following: Table: tblItemsRecvd Fields: PartNum SupplrName DateOrdrd DateRecd AmtRecd Query: qryItemsRecvd based on tblItemsRcvd PartNum Criteria: [Enter PartNum:... 6 Jun 2010 22:47
Serious Problem with Access 2010 "Query to complex"
I just installed Office 2010 (May 2010 version from Technet download) and many queries that worked in 2003 and 2007 now will not open and produce the error message "Query to complex - OK". Nothing was changed in the query or the whole database. These queries produce award calculations for plaintiffs in a num... 6 Jun 2010 14:56
Multiple tables search
Hi all, Kindly solve my problem. I have a mdb file. tables created t1,t2,t3,t4. fields are almost same in all tables, but the data is different in all tables. fields are.. name, age, mobile_number,place. I want to create a query to get name by mobile_number search. In query execution the input i want... 7 Jun 2010 03:08
Sum and DateDiff
Hi, I doing a calculation in a query of the difference in times. I'm wondering if I can control the decimal precision to be just (2) places. The number I end up with is ie; 5.6666666666, can I have this to round off to something like 5.67? Here is the query expression I'm using for this; TotalTime: Sum(Dat... 6 Jun 2010 00:33
date and time query
hello, this is my first post in this forum. I have the following problem and i really need some help because i am about to go crazy. I cannot understand why running this code in sql select * from lessons where [date_math] = #29/5/2008# AND ([end_time] > #13:00:00# AND [end_time] <= #14: 30:00#) result... 6 Jun 2010 19:28
Print Order Sort - 3 sections per page - to be cut and stacked
I have a query/report that prints 3 sales slips per page. I need to sort the query so that when the user cuts the report into to thirds that they can stack the top 1/3 on the middle 1/3 and then stack the new top/middle 2/3s on the bottom 1/3. Once stacked, all the salespeople sales slips are together and ord... 4 Jun 2010 22:29
Optimization of Between Clause Queries
I have some sql queries involving the use of between clauses, similar to the following: select Colors1.*, sum(Colors2.freq) as TFreq from OldColors as Colors1, OldColors as Colors2 where Colors2.r between Colors1.r - 7 and Colors1.r + 7 and Colors2.g between Colors1.g - 7 and Colors1.g + 7 and ... 6 Jun 2010 16:03
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11