From: JohnL on
I am trying to develop a report where in the PartNum footer the
average number of days between orders is calculated. I have
created the following:
Table: tblItemsRecvd
Fields:
PartNum
SupplrName
DateOrdrd
DateRecd
AmtRecd

Query: qryItemsRecvd based on tblItemsRcvd
PartNum Criteria: [Enter PartNum:]
SupplrName
DateOrdrd
DateRecd
AmtRecd

Report: rptItemsRecvd based on qryItemsRecvd

I would like to calculate the average number of days between orders for
the selected part number. Do I do it in the query (how?) or at the report
level (how?)? I am using Access2003 and am a novice.
TIA

From: Jörn Bosse on
Hi,

i would do this in the query by using the DateDiff-Function.
Take a look at this link:
http://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/date/datediff.php

Regards
Jörn

From: Marshall Barton on
JohnL wrote:

>I am trying to develop a report where in the PartNum footer the
>average number of days between orders is calculated. I have
>created the following:
>Table: tblItemsRecvd
>Fields:
> PartNum
> SupplrName
> DateOrdrd
> DateRecd
> AmtRecd
>
>Query: qryItemsRecvd based on tblItemsRcvd
> PartNum Criteria: [Enter PartNum:]
> SupplrName
> DateOrdrd
> DateRecd
> AmtRecd
>
>Report: rptItemsRecvd based on qryItemsRecvd
>
>I would like to calculate the average number of days between orders for
>the selected part number. Do I do it in the query (how?) or at the report
>level (how?)? I am using Access2003 and am a novice.

You can do it either place, but the quer would have to be
Totals type query, which may complicate things.

I think it is easier to do in a report with a text box
expression like:
=Avg(DateDiff("d", DateOrdrd, DateRecd))
in either the partNum group header and/or footer section.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]