From: JimG on
I just installed Office 2010 (May 2010 version from Technet download) and
many queries that worked in 2003 and 2007 now will not open and produce the
error message "Query to complex - OK". Nothing was changed in the query or
the whole database. These queries produce award calculations for plaintiffs
in a number of cases that I provide expert services for. Some are more
complex than others but the math and functions used are fairly simple (mostly
basic math and IF statements) I can probably produce a fix by spliting the
primary queiries in half and joining them but this will require many hours of
work to correct hundreds of queries. What the hell happened between
2003/2007 and 2010 that would cause this? I really like the imporvements in
2010 but this is a deal killer (for me and all my client law firms) if not
corrected in the final release version. Does anyone have details about what
query functions cause this error message? Please Help!!!