First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Shift several columns in table
Hi! Say you have a table A with fields field1, field2, field3 and field4 and I want to shift values so field1 receives the value from field2, field2 receives the value from field3 and field3 receives the value from field4 (field4 should keep it's value) will a query like Update A set field1=field2, field2=f... 26 May 2010 13:36
The Microsoft Jet database engine does not recognise...
Hi everyone, I've been helped out on here and managed to get a query working exactly how I wanted although now I can't seem to generate a chart from said query. The query below shows the cumulative values over paticular regions: SELECT Format([Date of Consent],"mmm yyyy") AS Month_Year, Data.Region, Count (Da... 27 May 2010 10:23
Convert string value to numeric value
I saw a post that showed how to convert from a number value to a string value. But how about the other way ? Convert a string value to a number value. Example, fieldA contains the text value "YES". fieldB is to contain the numberic value of "1". How would one create a query that would accomplish this task ? ... 26 May 2010 09:09
Parameter queries that allow users to choose items from a list
Dear Access 2007 VBA Gurus, I have a "Worship Song" database. The tables are: tblWorshipSongs tblAuthorFirstNames tblAuthorLastNames tblCopyrightHolders tblKeys tblTempos tblSongThemes tblSongTypes I would like to create parameter queries that allow users to choose their parameter from a list, preferab... 3 Jun 2010 10:03
Parameter in Union Query
I inherited about ten databases, Year2001, Year2002, etc. These databases are not related, even though they have information about same ID's (For example, ID 12224 is David Monk in Year2001, Year2002, etc.) Then I often see needs to compare Year2001 and Year2002, etc. So I built another database, which is a col... 25 May 2010 15:47
Union Query with two crosstabs
Hi…I attempted to do a Union Query with two crosstabs. I received an error “Characters found after end of SQL statement. I then read some posts but couldn't find the solution. It appears that it is possible and I read something about not having two TRANSFORM statements but it wasn't clear to me. I have the ... 25 May 2010 14:40
getertete
eeeetertsdfgetyegertergertergerterfgdsftegerger ... 25 May 2010 09:07
adding a Carriage Return or Line Feed character to an update query
I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like to separate the two components with a blank line, or two carriage return or line feed characters. In Visual Basic, I'd use vbcr&vbcr to do this. How can I do ... 25 May 2010 21:16
Query based on multiple parameters - Access 2003
I would like to create a query where the user can input 2 or more parameters (part numbers), separated by comma and/or space and return information about that part. I already have a query that accepts one parameter. Is there a way to do this with more than one? I have read some posts that say to use a tabl... 24 May 2010 14:36
Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement. (Error 3290)
I am trying to Create a table from DDL code. Upon running the query I get the error: Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement. (Error 3290) Here is my code after making many changes to it: CREATE TABLE ACCOUNTABILITY ( OBJECTID number (22) NOT NULL, OBJECTOWNERID decimal (22), COMMISOID decimal (... 24 May 2010 12:21