From: AccessKay on
Hi…I attempted to do a Union Query with two crosstabs. I received an error
“Characters found after end of SQL statement. I then read some posts but
couldn't find the solution. It appears that it is possible and I read
something about not having two TRANSFORM statements but it wasn't clear to
me. I have the same number of fields and defined the PIVOT part by IN(“x”,
“y”, “z”) and used UNION ALL. What else do I need to do to join the two
crosstabs?

Thanks for any suggestions.

From: John Spencer on
Do you have a semi-colon after the first query? If so that can cause the error?

If the two crosstabs are identical in the columns they output (same order),
you might be able to use

SELECT *
FROM Crosstab1
UNION ALL
SELECT *
FROM Crosstab2

It always helps us diagnose problems if you post the SQL statement of the
query that isn't doing what you want.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: AccessKay on
Good Answer!!! That worked perfectly. Thank you, thank you, thank you....

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Do you have a semi-colon after the first query? If so that can cause the error?
>
> If the two crosstabs are identical in the columns they output (same order),
> you might be able to use
>
> SELECT *
> FROM Crosstab1
> UNION ALL
> SELECT *
> FROM Crosstab2
>
> It always helps us diagnose problems if you post the SQL statement of the
> query that isn't doing what you want.
>

> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> AccessKay wrote:
> > Hi…I attempted to do a Union Query with two crosstabs. I received an error
> > “Characters found after end of SQL statement. I then read some posts but
> > couldn't find the solution. It appears that it is possible and I read
> > something about not having two TRANSFORM statements but it wasn't clear to
> > me. I have the same number of fields and defined the PIVOT part by IN(“x”,
> > “y”, “z”) and used UNION ALL. What else do I need to do to join the two
> > crosstabs?
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> >
> .

Pages: 1