From: Jill on
I inherited about ten databases, Year2001, Year2002, etc. These databases are
not related, even though they have information about same ID's (For example,
ID 12224 is David Monk in Year2001, Year2002, etc.) Then I often see needs to
compare Year2001 and Year2002, etc. So I built another database, which is a
collection of an essential table from each year. There I created a union
query, which allows me to see a history of, say, David Monk. Problem is, when
I want to see a history of Judy Tyler, I have to type her ID ten times in
SQL. If there is a way I can create a parameter where I put an ID only once,
it would be splendid. Help?
Thank you.
From: John Spencer on
Try the following

Parameter [Enter Name] Text(255);
SELECT *
FROM Year2001
WHERE [TheName] like [Enter Name] & "*"
UNION ALL
SELECT *
FROM Year2002
WHERE [TheName] like [Enter Name] & "*"
UNION ALL
SELECT *
FROM Year2003
WHERE [TheName] like [Enter Name] & "*"

Or use a saved UNION query as the source for another query
SELECT *
FROM Year2001
UNION ALL
SELECT *